SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Voxer, a pioneer in push-to-talk (PTT) and multimedia messaging, today launched Voxer Windows Desktop, delivering a native application to Windows desktop users that enables them to easily send and receive live and recorded audio messages, as well as manage communications with administrative capabilities. With Voxer Windows Desktop, office workers or dispatchers can access multiple chats at the same time, and download messages to save in their company archives.
Voxer Business is used by organizations across industries, including transportation, hospitality, construction and event management. For these companies, desk workers or dispatchers play a crucial role in monitoring employees and teams. Voxer Windows Desktop gives administrators the same features available on mobile and Web clients, which include live and recorded audio messages, multimedia messages and team chat support. This will provide a unified experience for users across devices and platforms. Additionally, the native desktop application enables users to:
- Access multiple chats at the same time: Desktop users can have multiple chats open on one screen and listen and view messages simultaneously.
- Listen to live messages concurrently: Users can hear live messages as they are received, and with multiple chats open. These live messages can play at the same time, creating a walkie-talkie type feel but with multiple conversations.
- Download messages onto the desktop: With Voxer Windows Desktop, users can download messages to store locally on their computers, enabling employees to store and keep track of messages for future reference within their own filing systems.
- Notifications for incoming messages: When a user receives a new message, they will be notified through the desktop taskbar, so they can easily see when they have new voice messages, or “voxes,” while other programs are open.
- Wired headset support: Often desk workers are surrounded by other employees, so users want to avoid playing voxes out loud. With wired headset support, users can send and receive messages discretely, without disturbing those around them.
“Voxer Business is being increasingly used in organizations that have centralized administrators and dispatchers, with unique needs to easily monitor and respond to messages,” said Irv Remedios, head of product, Voxer. “We are capturing this opportunity with Voxer Windows Desktop, and providing additional features that can save enormous amounts of time for desk workers. Quicker communication and collaboration can save time and reduce energy spent organizing employees, optimizing operations and saving on costs.”
Pricing & Availability
Voxer Business users now have access to Voxer Windows Desktop. It is compatible with Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Vista SP2. The Voxer Business service is available for $9.95/user/month at http://voxer.com/.
- Voxer Windows Desktop download - http://www.voxer.com/assets/files/windows/
- Voxer Business for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/voxer/0191c52d-48eb-4c61-8d4f-bdaf3fd4059d
- Voxer Business 30-day free trial - https://business.voxer.com/signup
- Voxer on Twitter - https://twitter.com/voxer
- Voxer on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/voxer
- Voxer on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/voxer
Voxer was founded in 2007 with the vision to make worldwide communication easy and more efficient. The privately held San Francisco-based company launched its first walkie-talkie and text-messaging application in 2011. Voxer now offers a high-performance push-to-talk service for enterprises, Voxer Business. The company has raised $30 million in funding from Institutional Venture Partners, Intel Capital, SV Angel, CrunchFund and other investors. To learn more, please visit www.voxer.com.