ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nickelodeon Suites Resort, the only resort of its kind in the world, is gearing up for a summer like never before with its Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) ‘Summer of Shell’. Beginning Friday, May 23, 2014, the hotel will pull out all the stops to make the summer of 2014 unforgettable for kids of all ages with new Turtles-themed guest suites, poolside parties, dinner shows and other unique experiences. Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael and Donatello will spread “turtle power” from the pool to the stage and everywhere in between beginning Memorial Day weekend, with special weekend events continuing throughout the year.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ‘Summer of Shell’ celebration will include:
- 10 newly designed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed guest suites, debuting in June.
- A TMNT Retro weekend June 13-15 featuring the original voice cast of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in celebration of the 30th anniversary of the TMNT comic book.
- An all new ‘Turtle Power’ poolside show at the Lagoon Pool.
- Poolside glow parties, games, “dive-in” movies and other Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle encounters.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed dinner shows where guests can dine with their favorite heroes.
- A Guinness World Record "Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" event on August 9.
- Brand new art of The Turtles on the Nickelodeon wall of characters at the Lagoon Pool.
“The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are incredibly popular with kids of all ages and we are thrilled that they are taking over the Nick Hotel for our ‘Summer of Shell’,” said Tony Aslanian, director of sales and marketing for Nickelodeon Suites Resort. “We can’t wait to unveil everything from our new poolside and Studio Nick shows to our TMNT-themed suites. Our guests are going to be yelling ‘booyakasha’ the moment they arrive.”
Special rates and stay packages will be available during the ‘Summer of Shell’ and the Retro Turtles Weekend. For more information and a complete listing of the events happening throughout the year, visit www.nickhotel.com/TMNT.
Follow us on Twitter @nickhotel.
Join our Nick Hotel Facebook Fan page.
Additional photography is available upon request or by visiting Nick Hotel on Flickr.
Located in the heart of Orlando’s tourism district, Nickelodeon Suites Resort, otherwise known as the Nick Hotel, is much more than a place for guests to lay their heads at night. From two over-the-top pool complexes with slides and flumes, to live entertainment and Character Breakfast featuring Nickelodeon’s beloved characters, to a multimillion dollar 4-D Theater, to the colorfully themed Kid Suites and gallons upon gallons of slime, Nick Hotel offers nonstop activity from dawn to dusk for the entire family any time of the year. For more information about the Nick Hotel, visit www.nickhotel.com or call (877) NICK-KID.