CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 Policy Management Software market share and forecasts report, which tracks policy management software deployed in wireless (3G/4G broadband) and fixed-line broadband and cable broadband networks.
“The explosive growth we’ve seen in the policy management market over the last few years has slowed to an extent in the more developed markets, where many of the major operators have made their vendor selections, often in conjunction with their LTE deployments, and ongoing spending is related to license expansions and additional use cases,” notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
Levine continues: “However, momentum continues in emerging markets in regions such as Asia, Africa, and Eastern Europe, where the competitive environment is often intense and growing smartphone adoption is driving mobile broadband consumption.”
POLICY MANAGEMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global policy management software market reached just over $1 billion in 2013 and is on target to become a $2.5 billion market by 2018, with mobile deployments driving much of the momentum
- Huawei held the policy management revenue lead in 2013, followed closely by Ericsson
- VoLTE continues to be a major driver behind policy management growth as operators seek to ensure quality of service (QoS) for voice traffic
- There is increased interest in policy management among fixed line operators looking to implement more innovative pricing and service models, and the recent U.S. court decision on net neutrality is likely to further this trend
- At Mobile World Congress, Mark Zuckerberg created hype around content providers partnering with operators to drive mobile broadband usage, and many operators are already offering “Facebook packages” and similar bundles as a way to differentiate and grow subscriber spending
- As operators develop network functions virtualization (NFV) strategies, policy is emerging as a clear target for virtualization and is likely to play a key role in software-defined networking (SDN) as well
POLICY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual policy management report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for wireless and fixed-line policy management software. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, BandWD, Cisco, Comptel, Comverse, Elitecore, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, Juniper, Openet, Redknee, Tekelec, Volubill, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Operators internalizing API development, name Huawei and Oracle top SDP vendors
- APIs and M2M gold rush drive big spending in SDP market
- Convergent charging market lifting as operators replace first-gen systems and roll out LTE
- Trend in using policy management to innovate services and pricing causing vendor shifts
- VoLTE, personalization and monetization powering momentum in SDM
- Mobile device usage driving investment in deep packet inspection (DPI)
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
- Analyst Note: 2014 Top Trends: SDNs, M2M, and Policy from End to End
- Analyst Note: Flash Networks and JDSU Keep MNO M&A Chugging Along!
- Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products Market Share and Forecasts
- Policy Management Vendor Scorecard
- Subscriber Data Management Software and Services Market Size and Forecasts
- New DNS-based DDoS Attacks Demand Advanced Mitigation Tools (Apr. 29: Attend)
- Monetizing APIs: Market Trends, Use Cases, and Reality Check (View on-demand)
- Adding Value to the Network with Integrated Policy and Charging (View on-demand)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M (May 20: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.