BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As retailers play catch-up to a digitally savvy consumer, The O Alliance, LLC today launched a new consulting firm that leverages a network of transformational practitioners with expertise in the critical areas that will empower retailers and drive profitable growth. The O Alliance’s holistic approach is designed to create a seamless shopping experience by refocusing a retailer’s organizational practices around the consumer, rather than the channel.
“There is clearly a new paradigm, yet many retailers are still operating with outdated business models that don’t reflect the new reality. This is evident in the focus on channel. We focus on technology enabled consumers and helping retailers better serve them,” said co-founder of The O Alliance, Andrea Weiss. Co-founder Bill Mirabito continued, “Retailers need to align their operations with technology to reach this increasingly sophisticated consumer – from marketing and social media, to in-store digital tools, to the overall company culture. Point-to-point solutions are simply not enough.”
As leaders in navigating the crossroads of change, both Weiss and Mirabito have extensive expertise in developing high-level business strategy and tactical execution plans for a broad range of retail and consumer products companies. An early innovator in multi-channel commerce, Weiss has been a key player in retail’s transformation into the digital space; as part of GSI Commerce where she was a board member and served during its evolution and ultimate sale to eBay, as well as at L Brands, where she served as Chief Stores Officer. Recently, she has been behind the scenes of Chico’s, Pep Boys, Cracker Barrel and Nutrisystem, where she currently serves on the Boards of Directors. Mirabito has been at the forefront of digital innovation for more than two decades, helping traditional retailers and consumer brands get the most from their online investments. Further, his playbook on adapting process and technology to match consumer behavior has been pivotal in driving measurable growth.
The O Alliance Network
Leveraging its founders’ expertise, The O Alliance is building a network of transformational agents in key areas including talent, operations, change management, digital tools, marketing and e-commerce. The Company’s growing list of partners include online and digital expert B2C Partners; renowned training platform and developer of QuizScore®, Multimedia Plus (MMP); innovation and change management consultancy iVibe Global; and financial improvements, merchandise planning, operational and supply chain efficiencies, Olson-Ng Retail Consulting Group. The Company also announced that Jeffrey F. Rayport, private equity investor, author, and founder and chairman of Marketspace LLC, a strategic advisory practice that works with leading companies to reinvent how they interact with and relate to customers, has joined its advisory board.
The “O” Method™: Creating Circular Commerce
Embracing technology and its impact on consumer behavior, The O Alliance helps retailers breakdown organizational barriers, integrate new systems, develop new processes, enhance communication and align talent to deliver a seamless ecosystem.
- Holistic 3D diagnostic. The O Alliance’s unique approach evaluates consumer interactions at every stage of the shopping experience, and identifies a series of risks and growth opportunities across an organization and in each consumer touch point. This is the starting point for a customized solution set tailored to the individual retailer.
- Executing results-oriented solutions. As dedicated problem solvers, The O Alliance’s seasoned practitioners work closely with clients to execute the solutions that drive profitable growth.
- Unlocking value of private equity portfolios. As private equity firms increase their activity in the retail and consumer space, The O Alliance helps these firms navigate today’s consumer environment, to maximize unrecognized opportunities.
- Arming stores with digital tools and information. The O Alliance empowers a retailer with the necessary digital tools to be compatible with today’s educated consumer and ultimately close more sales.
- Creating a customer-centric culture. The O Alliance ensures performance and execution of company strategies where it counts – with customers’ wallets. Through highly innovative leadership development and interactive training programs, the Alliance educates employees at all levels throughout the company on what is required to deliver a winning customer experience.
About The O Alliance
The O Alliance is a new consulting model that leverages a network of transformational practitioners with expertise in all of the critical areas that will unlock value and empower a retailer – digital/technology, operations, change management, marketing and talent. Designed to align a retailer’s organizational practices with today’s digitally savvy consumer, The O Alliance’s holistic approach delivers customer focused strategy and solution driven execution that creates a circular shopping ecosystem. For more information visit www.theoalliance.com.