AMSTERDAM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TomTom today launches the Runner Cardio GPS sport watch with cutting-edge heart rate technology. The Runner Cardio has a built-in Heart Rate Monitor, eliminating the need for a separate chest strap.
The Runner Cardio makes it easy to train in the optimal heart rate zone. Runners can select one of five intensity zones to match their training goals and will receive alerts to know whether they need to speed up or slow down. Runners can see real-time heart rate, distance, pace and other essential running information at a glance, while running.
“Once again, TomTom is making innovative technology accessible to everyone,” says Corinne Vigreux, managing director, TomTom Consumer. “We know that heart rate monitoring is the single most accurate way to understand how the body is responding to exercise. Now, with the launch of the Runner Cardio, all runners can easily use heart rate training to improve their performance.”
The Runner Cardio accurately measures heart rate with a Mio® optical sensor, which monitors changes in blood flow by shining light through the skin.
The TomTom Runner Cardio is available to order from www.tomtom.com/sports for 269 euros. There is also a Multi-Sport Cardio sport watch available for 299 euros.
- ends -
Notes to editors:
Heart Rate Zones
Train in one of five intensity zones:
Sprint: mostly used as part of interval training.
Speed: high tempo training to improve your speed and fitness.
Endure: moderate to high tempo training to improve your lung and heart capacity.
Fat Burn: moderate tempo training, great for weight loss.
Easy: easy tempo training, mostly used for warm-up and cool down
The Runner Cardio and Multi-Sport Cardio include advanced features that are designed to address the needs of runners and multi-sport enthusiasts:
- Extra-Large Display: Track time, distance and pace on an extra-large, high resolution display.
- Full Screen Graphics: Achieve goals with the help of the TomTom Graphical Training Partner.
- One Button Control: Navigate easily through menus with the intuitive One-Button Control.
- Indoor Tracker: Accurately track indoor runs using built-in sensors to count strides, so that users can monitor pace and distance even while running on a treadmill.
- Ultra-Slim Design: Run with a lightweight watch designed for runners. The slim design comfortably fits all wrist sizes.
- QuickGPSFix: Get started faster by using the latest in GPS and GLONASS satellite technology to quickly find their precise location.
- Multi-Platform compatibility: Sync, analyse and share stats on popular running sites and community platforms, including the TomTom MySports website, MapMyFitness, RunKeeper, TrainingPeaks and Strava.
- Super-Tough Display: Run with a durable, scratch-resistant display. Super-tough scratch and impact-resistant display stays easy to read, run after run.
- Weather and Water resistant: Run in all kinds of weather. Waterproof up to 165 feet / 5ATM.
- Long-lasting battery: Run more, recharge less, with up to 8 hours battery life (GPS+HR), up to 10 (GPS only)
- Bluetooth® Smart: Connect to sensors using the latest wireless technology.
TomTom (TOM2) empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS Sport Watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry leading location based products.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 3,600 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 35 countries.