NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As the Official Retail Partner of the Fabergé Big Egg Hunt, Saks Fifth Avenue is thrilled to announce today the debut of nine iconic artist-designed eggs in its flagship New York Store. From Tuesday, April 1 through Thursday, April 17, Saks will be featured as a key destination in the citywide Fabergé Big Egg Hunt and the exclusive department store to carry hand-painted limited-edition replicas of the eggs featured in the hunt. Constructed from ostrich eggs, these collectible novelties will be sold in 20 different varieties in the New York Store and on saks.com from Tuesday, April 1 through Wednesday, April 30. Saks will also be home to a special pop-up appearance of the “Waldo Travelling Egg.”
The Fabergé Big Egg Hunt Key Dates
On Tuesday, April 1 to Thursday, April 17 the world’s leading artists, fashion designers, architects, photographers and jewelers will be creating 300 unique two-foot egg sculptures that will be hidden throughout Manhattan and the boroughs. These eggs will be hunted down by the public via various social media channels and participants will be entered for a chance to win weekly prizes of Fabergé Mini Eggs. Beginning Friday, April 18 to Saturday, April 26, the culmination of the hunt, all egg sculptures will be displayed at Rockefeller Center and auctioned with all proceeds benefiting the Elephant Family and Studio in a School charities.
Saks Fifth Avenue New York will be home to eggs designed by icons from the art, design and fashion worlds. Designers include:
- William Wegman, iconic photographer known for his Weimaraner photography
- Anna Corinna from Foley+Corinna, Contemporary handbag designer and CFDA member
- Anna Trzebinski, African/ Masai-inspired accessories designer
- Jonathan Schloss, known for his restoration of some of New York City’s most famous landmarks like Radio City Hall and Central Synagogue
- Ran Hwang, contemporary artists known for creating large scale installations using materials from the fashion industry
- Richard Mishaan, one of New York’s leading architectural and interior designers
- Chelsea Hrynick Browne, an artist known for her public art collaboration with Kickstarter “Snowflake Installations”
There will also be a special Saks Fifth Avenue designed egg, highlighting a Saks Fifth Avenue shopping bag design.
For more detail on the Saks Fifth Avenue eggs and The Fabergé Big Egg Hunt please contact Caroline McDonald.
About Saks Fifth Avenue
Saks Fifth Avenue, one of the world’s pre-eminent specialty retailers, is renowned for its superlative American and international designer collections, its expertly edited assortment of handbags, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics and gifts, and the first-rate fashion expertise and exemplary client service of its Associates. As part of the Hudson’s Bay Company brand portfolio, Saks operates 39 full-line stores in 22 states, five international licensed stores, 73 Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH stores and saks.com, the company’s online store.
Saks Fifth Avenue is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named.