LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG) was the top-ranked firm for commercial real estate investment sales throughout the world during 2013, according to Real Capital Analytics (RCA). CBRE has achieved the number one position in each of the three years that RCA has published global rankings.
RCA credited CBRE with a 22.0% market share* across all property types in 2013 on a global basis. CBRE held the top spot in RCA’s global rankings for office, industrial, retail, multi-housing and development sites.
RCA, which tracks global commercial real estate sales of $10 million and greater, estimates that approximately $1.2 trillion of commercial real estate was sold throughout the world in 2013 – an increase of 35% over 2012. Indicative of its market share gains, CBRE’s investment sales volume grew at a faster pace than the market as a whole in 2013, rising by 45% to more than $93 billion, according to RCA.
“Our best-in-class professionals and in-depth market knowledge on a global scale have enabled us to deliver outstanding results for our clients across all commercial property types,” said Christopher Ludeman, Global President, CBRE Capital Markets.
Highlights from RCA’s 2013 rankings include:
- CBRE was the top firm in office sales, with $45.6 billion in transactions and a market share of 23.1%.
- CBRE executed $13.4 billion in industrial sales, for an industry-leading market share of 31.3%.
- CBRE recorded the highest market share—17.8%—in the retail sector, based on $12.9 billion in transactions.
- CBRE sold $16.2 billion of multi-housing property, for an industry-leading market share of 23.4%.
- CBRE’s development site sales totaled $2.5 billion, for a market share of 21.5%.
* Market share has been calculated based on the dollar volume of transactions where CBRE represented the seller, divided by the total volume of seller-brokered transactions.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2013 revenue). The Company has approximately 44,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through approximately 350 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.