FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--D-Link Systems Inc., the networking solutions provider for small business and medium enterprise IT environments, today announced its latest generation of SmartPro switches – DGS-1510 Series – with available 16, 24 or 48 port models. With 10 Gigabit port connectivity, these new switches are ideal for deployment in SMB core environments, providing reliable, scalable and modular interconnections between core and edge switches with rich capabilities and simplified flexibility.
“This new series of SmartPro switches offers many key features previously only available in full-featured managed switches, including 10 Gigabit ports, physical stacking capabilities and an enhanced Command Line Interface (CLI),” said Steven Olen, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “IT professionals and network managers can now enjoy the benefits of a full-featured managed switch at the price of a more affordable smart switch solution.”
Available in 16, 24 or 48 10/100/1000 Mbps port models, these switches also include 2 Gigabit SFP ports and 2 10G SFP+ ports. A 24 port PoE+ model is also available, compliant with IEEE 802.3at, supporting up to 30W of power output on any particular PoE port. To simplify network administration, enhance scalability and flexibility, and provide a more robust network, six units or 288 Gigabit ports can be configured as a stack with up to 40 Gigabits of full duplex stacking bandwidth using optional direct attach copper (DAC) or fiber optic cables to provide high bandwidth with cost efficiency. Unlike competitive models, any switch in the DGS-1510 SmartPro series can be mixed in a single stack to allow simultaneous and easy configuration, management and troubleshooting.
More about the DGS-1510 Series
Additional features and performance benefits include:
- Versatile Management – Supports a fully featured CLI via dedicated out-of-band console port for simplified network operations, administration and maintenance
- Static Routing – Provides inter-VLAN routing capabilities to alleviate undue loading on an SMB’s network router
- Layer 2 Features – Equipped with complete lineup of Layer 2 features, including IGMP Snooping, Port Mirroring, Spanning Tree, and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Bandwidth Control – Supports Auto Surveillance VLAN (ASV) and Auto Voice VLAN, best suited for VoIP and video surveillance deployments
- IPv6 Ready – Supports various IPv6 functions such as MLD Snooping, IPv6 ACL/QoS, and IMPBv6 to ensure seamless integration of next generation networks
- D-Link Green 3.0 Technology – Uses 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet standard to conserve power without sacrificing operational performance or functionality by automatically decreasing power usage when traffic is low
The DGS-1510 will be available in early April 2014 through D-Link’s vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors. Detailed specifications are available at D-Link’s website or call the D-Link U.S. sales team at 888-331-8686.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/d-link) and Spiceworks (http://community.spiceworks.com/networking/d-link).
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2014 D-Link. All Rights Reserved