BRIDGEWATER, N.J. & SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:SNCR), the mobile innovation leader that provides cloud solutions and software-based activation for connected devices across the globe, and Napster, the world's original social music network, today announced The Social Music Platform,™ a music solution that enables communication service providers to offer a mobile-first, real-time, global music sharing platform through the cloud.
Synchronoss has revolutionized the Synchronoss Personal Cloud™ music engine by integrating Napster’s streaming music services. This partnership enables users to discover, explore, share and stream music with millions of contacts using the Synchronoss Personal Cloud through their carrier.
With Napster’s app built directly into the Synchronoss Personal Cloud, subscribers can:
- Discover and share music through social connections via the millions of users of the Synchronoss Personal Cloud
- Build a complete library of their favorite music, playlists and artists from more than 25 million tracks
- Discover and find other users with similar music tastes
- Access their music and playlists from the cloud on connected devices including iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry, PC or Mac
- Identify, capture and save music with Napster TrackMatch™
- Gain exclusive access to content broadcasts including Live concerts and events
Service providers strive to find new ways to retain and grow subscribers, monetize value added services and drive bottom line growth. Supporting collaboration activities and sharing of multimedia music heightens social awareness, facilitates communication, and increases the overall value proposition of carrier services.
The Social Music Platform enables service providers to:
- Increase engagement and provide a utility application that drives daily usage
- Improve customer experience and increase retention
- Reduce bandwidth - 70% of Napster subscribers listen to music through offline playback, reducing network traffic consumption for mobile operators
- Monetize value added service to cloud subscribers
- Leverage strong third party brand equity to drive adoption
- Integrate with Synchronoss’ Personal Cloud to promote content sharing capabilities
- Leverage investments in LTE Broadcast via network optimization technique
- Leverage investments in cloud storage
“Today’s announcement with Napster is a perfect example of how Synchronoss is changing the way consumers access and share music through the cloud,” said Chris Putnam, Senior Vice President, Sales and Business Development, Synchronoss. “Music especially offers communications carriers with a tremendous opportunity to attract and retain customers, while growing revenue through their cloud offerings.”
This next generation mobile music streaming service will allow subscribers to share and stream music with millions of contacts. Through cloud-based music Apps and integration with the Synchronoss Personal Cloud, Napster is creating a new mobile social network for music.
“For too long, communal discovery and shared listening on mobile devices has been too complicated,” said Paul Springer, Rhapsody International’s Senior Vice President of the Americas and Chief Product Officer. “Our music platform enables listeners to discover, stream, save and share music with an unlimited number of friends, family members and contacts directly from their mobile phone.”
Music streaming in the United States increased by 32 percent in 2013 to 118 billion streams, according to Nielsen Entertainment with similar growth also occurring globally across Europe and Latin America.
About Synchronoss Technologies, Inc.
Synchronoss Technologies (NASDAQ: SNCR) is the mobile innovation leader that provides personal cloud solutions and software-based activation for connected devices across the globe. The company’s proven and scalable technology solutions allow customers to connect, synchronize and activate connected devices and services that empower enterprises and consumers to live in a connected world. For more information visit us at: www.synchronoss.com.
About Rhapsody International
Rhapsody International is parent company of leading streaming music services, Rhapsody and Napster. Initially launched in December 2001, these services give members unlimited on-demand access to a global catalog in excess of 25 million songs across 25 countries throughout North America, Europe and Latin America. Rhapsody, Napster and their respective logos are registered trademarks of Rhapsody International Inc. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Synchronoss logo and Synchronoss are trademarks of Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.