AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Affinegy (www.affinegy.com), a global provider of connected device management and service enablement software, announced today the introduction of an embedded client, which is built to accelerate, optimize, and differentiate Cloud services for the Connected Consumer.
In tandem with the announcement, the company also embraced a new family name for its products – CHARIOT – which defines Affinegy’s expanding presence in the Internet of Things (IOT) market.
“CHARIOT Client™ is an entirely new generation, advanced cloud management embedded application,” said Melissa Simpler, CEO of Affinegy. “The new application securely connects cloud services to IOT devices. CHARIOT empowers Affinegy’s customers to spring to the front of the line in deploying rich IOT service bundles.”
- Works with CHARIOT Cloud™, Affinegy’s Cloud Management Software Platform, which includes Affinegy’s proven leading ACS.
- Features high scale NAT traversal for any Cloud service to securely reach any managed device anywhere in the network.
- Supports cloud management of WiFi, IP, and smart device protocols, such as Z-wave, ZigBee and other smart LAN / Layer 2 protocols.
- Includes software module management for Linux software and OSGI applications (TR–157).
- Complies to the Broadband Forum TR-069 standard, and may be used with a third-party ACS.
- Is available for popular processors running Linux for smart home hubs and Internet gateways.
CHARIOT Client™ is provided as a lightweight C library for easy integration with embedded systems, gateways, routers, STBs, smart home bridge, eMTAs and more – ranging 250KB -1MB in size and <100KB run-time memory.
“This new generation client provides a fast way to cloud enable devices with minimal coding, thanks to our easy API utilizing SQLite. This frees device vendors to create any data model they need for product and service differentiation while retaining BBF standards compliance,” said Art Lancaster, CTO of Affinegy. “This is a leadership move that will fuel the proliferation of IOT products and services.”
Affinegy’s experience as a provider of connected device management and service enablement software and the industry’s embrace of the Internet of Things could make for a provocative marriage.
“Affinegy’s IOT platform reflects its extensive experience in device management, which is the key ingredient for service enablement,” said Tom Kerber, director of research at Parks Associates. “Affinegy will be a company to watch in 2014.”
Affinegy’s software brings together the Internet of Things into a single experience for profitable quality connections. The company’s connected device management and service enablement software automatically provisions, configures, and manages the network and devices that are at the heart of new cloud-based applications and services delivered to homes and businesses. Leading broadband service providers, Internet-enabled device manufacturers, and application/service providers deploy Affinegy’s solutions to improve the customer experience, increase services adoption, and slash support costs. Founded in 2003, Affinegy is headquartered in Austin, TX with offices in Dallas, and Wroclaw, Poland.