MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DynCorp International has earned the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) prestigious Diamond Award for Excellence in five programs for the second consecutive year. The programs awarded include:
- U.S. Air Force at Joint Base Andrews-Naval Air Facility Washington program. This marks the 11th year the DI team at Joint-Base Andrews has earned this prestigious award. At Joint-Base Andrews, DI provides services for the Very Important Person Special Air Mission (VIPSAM) including aircraft maintenance, transient alert, munitions, base supply and fuels in support of aircraft assigned to the 11th Wing and 89th Airlift Wing.
- U.S. Air Force C-21A Contractor Logistics Support (CLS). This is the sixth year the CLS program has earned the FAA Diamond Award. DI provides organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance, along with supply chain management for 47 C-21A (Lear 35A) aircraft at eight main operating bases as part of the C-21A CLS program.
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) program. Through the CAL FIRE program, DI flies and maintains Grumman S-2T fire retardant air tankers and OV-10A aircraft, and fully maintains and services civilian UH-1H Super Huey helicopters flown by CAL FIRE pilots. This is CAL FIRE’s third consecutive Diamond Award.
- C-20 program. DI is a subcontractor to Northrop Grumman, providing aircraft maintenance for C-20s used to transport VIP government and military officials and cargo. This is also the C-20 program’s third consecutive award.
- U.S. Air Force Materiel Command T-6 program. This is the second consecutive FAA Diamond award for the T-6 program. DI operates and manages Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply (COMBS) facilities at several Air Force and Navy locations throughout the U.S. to provide spare parts and equipment necessary to support T-6A and T-6B aircraft.
The FAA’s Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Award program is based on the commitment of maintenance technicians to improve safety by actively participating in initial and recurring training programs to further their technical knowledge. The Diamond Award is the highest corporate award, and the program includes both individual and corporate recognition.
The award recognizes completion by 100-percent of an organization’s eligible maintenance technicians of specialized, continuous training in aircraft systems, regulations and FAA rules over a 12-month period. In addition to the Diamond Award, which is presented to the company, each mechanic receives an Aviation Maintenance Technician award based on the number of training hours logged.
“Our 11th Diamond Award is the direct result of the exemplary team effort and cooperative spirit put forth by every DI technician,” commented Len Campbell, senior program director, Andrews Support Division.
“I am very proud of the effort and dedication of our team to achieve the third consecutive FAA Diamond Award,” said Jeffrey Cavarra, CAL FIRE program manager.
“This achievement demonstrates a dedication to training,” said Thomas Hadden, C-21A CLS program director. “We recognize how important it is to continually increase maintenance skills and safety awareness. When there is no room for error, training is critical.”
“The C-20 maintenance team is a standout group that exudes professionalism and pride. The FAA Diamond Award is a team effort and we are grateful to have an outstanding Quality and Training team,” said Duane Carr, C-20 program manager said.
T-6 program director Blake Mathies said, “Earning the FAA Diamond Award reinforces our commitment to providing quality parts and having quality personnel on our team.”
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on more than six decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs or follow DynCorp International on Twitter.