KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Devon IT, Inc. and Acer, in addition to offering significant pricing advantages through current promotions, are continuing to offer Devon IT’s Echo Thin Client Management software platform that centrally manages thin client virtual desktops at no additional costs.
“Devon IT Echo is the premier tool for managing heterogeneous desktop environments,” says Joe Makoid, president, Devon IT. “We continually collaborate with the most progressive users of virtual desktops, along with leading industry VDI companies such as Acer, to enhance a management platform that is easy to use, powerful, and flexible. Taking out upfront management costs is an essential way to help companies achieve real TCO reductions in their hosted and virtual desktop implementations.”
Devon IT EchoThin Client Management Software combines thin client management capabilities with connection management features. Whether overseeing complex, large scale hosted-desktop deployments or managing a small group of thin client terminals, IT personnel use Devon IT Echo™ to manage multiple desktops through one central appliance.
Devon IT EchoThin Client Management Software is used to manage:
- Next-generation thin clients running Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) or Devon Terminal Operating System (DeTOS), including the Acer N2110G, N2620G and N2010G thin clients.
- Hosted desktop environments using Citrix, Microsoft, or VMware architectures.
Features of Devon IT’s Echo include:
- User Groups and Profiles - Echo allows system administrators to design customized system profiles that incorporate the programs, settings, and connection types available to their users. Using these profiles, every user group receives a desktop experience uniquely tailored to their needs.
- Remote Application - With the Echo thin client management console, new configurations, settings, profiles, and updates can be remotely pushed down to units without ever requiring the administrator to touch the terminals. Any changes made can be instantly applied or applied upon the next system reboot, depending on preference.
- Real-Time Monitoring - Echo is in constant contact with all of the devices it is managing. Administrators can view the current status of any terminal and review event logs at any time. Additionally, Echo automatically detects any new device directed to the server, making large deployments a breeze.
- Browser Based Interface - Echo is operated through any internet browser that can connect to the Echo server, allowing administrators to easily access the management platform from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Software Packages - IT personnel are able to apply customized software packages through the management console. This gives administrators greater freedom in making the user experience as streamlined as possible through easily applied updates and software additions.
“Devon IT Echo software is designed to provide IT administrators with a simplified, consistent way to cost-effectively manage hosted or virtualized desktops,” explained Ian Geiser, CTO, Devon IT. “During a time in which the major desktop and server manufacturers are expanding their virtual desktop offerings, improving upon our intuitive management platform is of the utmost importance, and we are committed to supporting the advancement of our industry and responding to our customers’ needs.”
Echo is available with all thin client solutions available from Acer. For more information about Devon IT's software running on Acer thin clients, or to arrange for a proof-of-concept, either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-757-4220 / toll-free 888-524-9382. Information is also available at www.devonit.com.
About Devon IT
Devon IT, Inc. (www.devonit.com) is a leading information technology company that offers thin client software, hardware, and virtual desktop solutions. Devon IT's products offer users in various industries and environments greater IT security, enhanced manageability, improved reliability, and lower costs. Devon IT is also the creator of patent pending VDI Blaster™ (www.vdiblaster.com), a software suite that transforms PCs with hard drives into virtual desktops and the innovators of the SafeBook® thin client notebook. The company is headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania with offices in the UK, Shanghai and Bangalore. Read Devon IT's technical blog, "Thin Tank," at http://www.devonit.com/blog.
All company, brand, or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders.