MASON, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LensCrafters is proud to launch a global creative campaign that will encourage consumers to stop and marvel at the vital role that eyes play in their emotional life, personal identity and overall health. The campaign, entitled “Take a Stand for Quality Vision Care”, will communicate LensCrafters’ passion for celebrating the eye and acting as a partner in total vision care—the synergy of trusted eye care and exceptional eyewear. LensCrafters is the North American representation of the Eye Love global retail brand family that also includes LensCrafters China (China), OPSM (Australia) and GMO (South America). The campaign launches for LensCrafters on Sunday, February 2 and on behalf of LensCrafters China and GMO in March 2014.
“Take a Stand for Quality Vision Care” will prompt the viewer to reconsider the eyewear retail category and who they trust to care for their eyes. It will inspire the public to seek a qualified partner who understands the importance of the eye, not only to vision, but also to the entire life experience. The campaign features striking imagery paired with bold, provocative language that pulls at the emotional essence of eyes and the preciousness of sight. It expresses the experience of staring deep into someone’s eyes and getting lost, finding their humanity and gauging their spirit.
Owned by Luxottica—the leader in premium, luxury and sports eyewear—LensCrafters is the leading provider of truly complete vision care. The brand offers experts in vision care, including eye doctors and skilled opticians; personalized experience from knowledgeable staff aided by proprietary technologies, and a comprehensive selection of high-quality and name brand eyewear.
“The new campaign is more than a new creative direction—it is a common vision for our brand to make sure that everyone who sets foot in our stores leaves seeing what they love and loving what they see,” says Eric Anderson, SVP & GM LensCrafters. “We accomplish this by offering the latest technologies for fitting and selecting glasses and the highest quality name brand eyewear. This campaign challenges people to think about how they care for their sight and who they trust to help them along the way.”
“Take a Stand for Quality Vision Care” focuses on five key stories:
- Why a Tenth of a Millimeter is Massive: Precision measurements matter. Just a tenth of a millimeter’s discrepancy in placing your prescription can mean the difference between seeing clearly and enduring blurry vision. LensCrafters ensures every prescription is placed with AccuFit®, an exclusive digital scanning system that measures eyes five times more precisely than traditional methods, down to a tenth of a millimeter. This means LensCrafters can craft lenses more accurately and help their customers see the world more clearly.
- We Listen to Eyes: Eye exams should do more than assess prescriptions. At LensCrafters, independent doctors of optometry are able to look deep into eyes with state-of-the-art AccuExam technology to learn about eye health and even overall wellness.
- Be Clear: A trusted partner serves as a guide in selecting eyewear that fits well and expresses the wearer’s personal style. LensCrafters provides myLook, an exclusive technology that allows customers to see photos of themselves in up to four different frames side-by-side and choose a frame with better confidence.
- Invest Here: Vision is priceless. LensCrafters is the partner in total vision care offering both trusted eye care and exceptional eyewear.
- All Glasses are Not Created Equal: LensCrafters offers precision you can see and quality you can feel with name brand eyewear and state-of-the-art lenses.
The campaign will run on television, print and digital platforms.
With its 30-year history, LensCrafters is a leader in optical retailing with more locations across North America than any other retailer in the category. LensCrafters is owned by Luxottica Group, a leader in premium, luxury and sports eyewear with approximately 7,000 optical and sun retail stores in North America, Asia-Pacific, China, South Africa, Latin America and Europe. LensCrafters is part of the Eye Love global retail brand family that offers complete vision care through trusted eye care and quality eyewear. Under the Eye Love brand umbrella, which includes LensCrafters China (China), OPSM (Australia) and GMO (South America), are inspiring people to fall in love with their sense of sight, investing in new technology and offering an exceptional range of eyewear with their parent company, Luxottica Group. The brands share a heritage of care and innovation that spans a total of more than 80 years.
For more information about LensCrafters, visit www.lenscrafters.com.
About Luxottica Group S.p.A.:
Luxottica Group is a leader in premium, luxury and sports eyewear with approximately 7,000 optical and sun retail stores in North America, Asia-Pacific, China, South Africa, Latin America and Europe, and a strong, well-balanced brand portfolio. House brands include Ray-Ban, the world’s most famous sun eyewear brand, Oakley, Vogue Eyewear, Persol, Oliver Peoples, Alain Mikli, Arnette and REVO, while licensed brands include Giorgio Armani, Bulgari, Burberry, Chanel, Coach, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Polo Ralph Lauren, Prada, Starck Eyes, Tiffany and Versace. In addition to a global wholesale network involving 130 different countries, the Group manages leading retail chains in major markets, including LensCrafters, Pearle Vision and ILORI in North America, OPSM and Laubman & Pank in Asia-Pacific, LensCrafters in China, GMO in Latin America and Sunglass Hut worldwide. The Group's products are designed and manufactured at its six manufacturing plants in Italy, two wholly owned plants in the People’s Republic of China, one plant in Brazil and one plant in the United States devoted to the production of sports eyewear. In 2012, Luxottica Group posted net sales of more than €7.0 billion. Additional information on the Group is available at www.luxottica.com.