--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Mikey Network’s Young At Heart program, which places MIKEY defibrillators in schools, is being expanded to the Peel District School Board, the second largest school board in Canada.
Applewood Heights Secondary School (gym)
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
1 pm sharp
• Heathwood Homes, founder of The Mikey Network, will present a cheque for $160,000 to kick-
start the first year’s Mikey Young At Heart three-year program initiative in Peel Region.
• Peel Regional Paramedic Services will demonstrate a “live save” using a MIKEY defibrillator.
• 12-year-old Mikey Student Ambassador, Emily Herbert, will speak about how she is benefiting
from a MIKEY defibrillator.
Peel District School Board
- Sue Lawton, Trustee Wards 3 & 4, Peel District School Board
- Tony Pontes, Director of Education, Peel District School Board
- Dipika Damerla, MPP, Mississauga East-Cooksville
- Hazel McCallion, Mayor, City of Mississauga
The Mikey Network
- Hugh Heron, President, Heathwood Homes; Chairman, The Mikey Network
- Bob Finnigan, COO Housing, The Heron Group; Director, The Mikey Network
- Morty Henkle, Executive Director, The Mikey Network