CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Old Spice brand from Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) today announced its expansion into the men's hair care category with the introduction of an all-new collection of hair care and styling products developed to further enhance the day-to-day grooming regimen of guys everywhere, including the brand's loyal users of Old Spice deodorant, body wash, body spray, bar soap and shave products. Arriving in stores this month, the new Old Spice Hair offering features an assortment of shampoos, conditioners and styling products designed to give guys the hair – and confidence – they need to succeed. For men looking "For Hair That Gets Results," Old Spice finally has the answer.
"With value and brand loyalty as the two biggest purchasing influences for men in this category, we're confident guys using our other products will be excited to see Old Spice in the hair care aisle," said Janet Allgaier, Vice President of Global Personal Care at Procter & Gamble. "Old Spice is known for offering the manliest smelling products on the planet. Guys' hair can now smell just as amazing and win just as many international arm wrestling matches as the rest of their body."
To support the launch of the new Old Spice Hair Care and Styling product line, Old Spice will introduce its new "For Hair That Gets Results" integrated marketing campaign, bringing to life (literally) the idea that when a guy has great Old Spice-styled hair, amazing things happen – like phone numbers from attractive females and absolute domination at a carnival claw machine. Similar to other iconic and memorable Old Spice marketing campaigns, the "For Hair That Gets Results" television creative developed by Wieden+Kennedy (Portland, Ore.) illustrates the "transformational" powers of the brand's products in the most ridiculous, over-the-top fashion.
The TV campaign will launch with two spots, "Meeting" (:30/:15) and "Boardwalk" (:15), which can be previewed on the brand's social media channels on Facebook (Facebook.com/OldSpice) and YouTube (YouTube.com/OldSpice) this week before its broadcast television debut on Super Bowl Sunday following the game.
Old Spice Hair Care and Styling Product Lineup
Hair Care Product Lineup:
Old Spice shampoos and conditioners are specifically formulated for guys with differing hair types and feature 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners in some of the brand's most popular scents.
- Drench – Moisturizing shampoo for dry hair.
- Kickstart – Cleansing, manly shampoo for all hair types.
- Bulk Up – 2-in-1 thickening shampoo and conditioner for guys with thin hair.
- Swagger – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner in one of the brand’s three most popular, subtle yet supremely confident scents.
- Fiji – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner that smells like palm trees, sunshine and freedom.
- Wolfthorn – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner, part of the popular Wild Collection, a smooth scent for nocturnal creatures.
- Pure Sport – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner in the fresh, clean, masculine and hugely popular Old Spice scent.
Hair Styling Product Lineup:
Old Spice styling products deliver awesome looking hair with the least amount of effort. Guys no longer have to be intimidated with choosing the styling product that's right for them. Each of the five Old Spice styling products offer a description and visual silhouette on the packaging to help educate guys about the styler that best fits their specific hair type.
- Deadlock Spiking Glue – Ultimate Hold and Shine, for hair that always stands its ground.
- Cruise Control Forming Crème – Natural Hold and Shine, for hair that doesn't try too hard and doesn’t have to.
- Forge Molding Putty – High Hold and Matte Finish, for hair that's sturdy, yet shapeable.
- Unruly Texturing Paste – Medium Hold and Textured Finish, for hair that just wants to mess around.
- Spiffy Sculpting Pomade – Moderate Hold and Matte Finish, for hair that's reworkable, again and again.
For more information on the new Old Spice Hair Care and Styling product line and the brand's "For Hair That Gets Results" campaign, visit OldSpice.com. Old Spice also can be found on Twitter (@OldSpice), Facebook (Facebook.com/OldSpice), YouTube (YouTube.com/OldSpice) and Instagram (oldspice).
About Old Spice
Procter & Gamble’s Old Spice is the quintessential men’s grooming brand. With 75 years as an American icon, Old Spice is the authority on the male grooming experience and has leveraged this heritage to become the No.1 selling anti-perspirant/deodorant stick and body wash brand with guys of all ages. Old Spice brings authenticity, performance and confidence to male grooming and offers a wide product portfolio for today’s man, including anti-perspirants, deodorants, bar soap, body washes, body sprays, after shaves and colognes.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves approximately 4.8 billion people around the world with its brands. The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Ace®, Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Duracell®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Fusion®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Iams®, Lenor®, Mach3®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Prestobarba®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, Wella®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.