DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qqznw4/global_media) has announced the addition of the "Global Media Based Water Filters Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019" report to their offering.
The global media based water filters market is projected to cross USD12 Billion by 2018
The demand for media based water filters is rising largely due to increasing water & waste water treatment market, coupled with increasing gap between water demand and supply, globally. Agricultural sector accounted for about 70% of the overall global water demand in 2012. As the second largest demand driver for water, the industrial sector accounted for nearly 22% share in the same year. In developing countries, agricultural sector is the highest demand generator for water, while in developed countries, industrial sector accounts for the largest share. In 2012, the water demand from industrial sector in developing countries was 22%, whereas in developed countries, the share stood at 59%. The countries accounting for the largest share of global water demand include the United States, China, India and Brazil.
According to Population Action International, by 2025, more than 2.8 billion people in 48 countries are expected to witness water scarcity. Out of these 48 countries, about 40 are from West Asia, North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa regions. High efficiency water purifiers would be required in these regions to tackle the forthcoming water challenges, which are expected to increase the demand for water filters.
The demand for residential media based water filters is predominantly being driven by rising demand for water purifiers, globally. Changing trends such as combination water filters, is contributing to the demand for media based water filters in water purifiers market. Most of the water purifier manufacturers are combining media based water filters along with reverse osmosis and ultra violet water purifiers, creating a huge global opportunity for media based water filters. For instance, a Chinese manufacturer, Paragon, introduced KDF filter media, which is augmenting the sales of media based water filters in the country.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Analyst View
2. Global Media based Water Filters Market Outlook
3. China Media based Water Filters Market Outlook
4. India Media based Water Filters Market Outlook
5. Brazil Media based Water Filters Market Outlook
6. The United States Media based Water Filters Market Outlook
7. Japan Media based Water Filters Market Outlook
8. Saudi Arabia Media based Water Filters Market Outlook
9. Competitive Landscape
10. Strategic Recommendations
11. Research Methodology
- 3 M (Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing)
- Best Water Technology Group
- Brita GmbH
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Carbtrol Corp.
- Consolidated Water Conditioning SA (Pty) Ltd.
- Culligan International Inc.
- Filtrex Holding Pte Ltd.
- Foshan Hongjun Water Treatment Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Ion Exchange India Limited
- Katadyn Group
- Omnipure Filter Company, Inc.
- Paragon Water Systems, Inc.
- Pentek Filtration Inc.
- Shanghai Minipore Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Siemens Water Technologies LLC/ AEA Investors
- Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd.
- Xylem Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qqznw4/global_media