NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Scanbuy, Inc., the world’s leading mobile engagement solutions provider, today released its holiday trend report showing that it processed nearly 10.4 million mobile barcode and NFC scans between Nov. 22, 2013 and Dec. 31, 2013, a 33% increase from last year’s holiday trend report, demonstrating the continuing growth and interest in mobile engagement by consumers during the retail industry’s busiest time of the year.
Scanbuy’s trend reports analyze traffic on the ScanLife mobile app, the most popular mobile engagement app in the world. Highlights of this year’s holiday scanning activity include:
- The most popular type of content accessed in mobile engagement campaigns were application downloads, discounts and sweepstakes.
- The most “liked” brands by the ScanLife community were Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Activision, Tanger Outlets, and Kohl’s.
- Industries that saw the most scans included high-tech and retail.
- In terms of devices, 56% of scans came from Apple iOS, compared with 42% on Android OS.
- Gender statistics showed that 37% of users were female and 63% were male, with ages 35-44 comprising the highest percentage of the male group.
- Of the total scans processed, users aged 35-44 scanned the most (25%), followed closely by users aged 23-34, who accounted for 22%. Other user age groups included: 45-54 at 19%, 55 and over at 15%, 18-24 at 12%, and users under the age of 18 at 7%.
- The top malls for consumer scanning throughout the country included Lake View Plaza in Illinois, Palisades Mall in New York, Westminster Mall in California, Mall of America in Minnesota, and The Florida Mall in Orlando.
“The increase in mobile scans during the holiday season demonstrates a clear interest in consumers wishing to connect with their favorite brands and stores,” said Mike Wehrs, CEO and president of Scanbuy. “We truly enjoy partnering with brands and reaching mobile shoppers through mobile engagement campaigns to deliver results and actionable analytics, whether it’s through a QR Code, NFC, Microsoft Tag or any combination of mobile triggers.”
A statistically significant sampling of all scans generated from the ScanLife app or the ScanLife Mobile Engagement Platform were analyzed in this study. The traffic analysis was performed on all ScanLife-processed user activities providing a detailed view across numerous verticals and geographies. These results are statistically significant and representative of all codes scanned, as ScanLife is the largest commercial resolver of codes.
To access the full Mobile Trend Report infographic click here: http://www.scanlife.com/trend-reports/trend-report-2013-holiday-shopping-season
Scanbuy is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world. The ScanLife suite of products consists of a cloud-based platform used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG, and media to create, manage and monitor dynamic mobile engagement campaigns. The ScanLife mobile app is used by millions of people around the world to discover new information and is available for all major platforms including Android and iOS.
ScanLife processes millions of mobile barcode scans, mobile URL requests and NFC engagements from over 150 different countries and is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe and Latin America. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, owning 19 patents globally and licensing more than 40 patents to cover our entire solution. The company’s investors include Motorola Solutions Ventures, Google Inc., and Masthead Venture Partners. For more information, visit us at www.scanlife.com.