MANITOWOC, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Orion Energy Systems (NYSE MKT: OESX) is ringing in the New Year with the launch of the industry’s first complete suite of LED Door Retrofit (LDR) products. The LDR is an energy efficient LED retrofit that is completely assembled within the door frame.
The Orion LDR system reuses the original housing of the existing troffer, installs quickly, requiring virtually no tools for an energy-efficient retrofit. Considering that there are an estimated 964 million troffers currently in the United States lighting market, the potential economic and environmental impact of the LDR is remarkable.
The Orion LDR system offers the following significant advantages:
- The innovative Orion LDR can be retrofit into existing fluorescent troffers within minutes with no disruption to ceiling tiles and no need to remove existing fixtures.
- The LDR can reduce a company’s energy consumption by up to 70%.
- Compared to fluorescent technology, the LDR system decreases costs associated with maintenance, freeing up maintenance teams to focus on tasks other than light bulb replacement.
- The LDR provides a volumetric, even-distribution of light with quality color rendering and is available in multiple color temperatures to accommodate end-user needs. Compared to fluorescent lighting, the LDR system generates less heat and, therefore, has a positive impact on HVAC requirements.
- At the end of its long life LED technology is a less hazardous waste product making it safer to recycle than traditional fluorescent lamps.
The Orion LDR product suite, proudly manufactured in Manitowoc, Wisconsin USA, is designed to retrofit most existing 2’x 2’ and 2’x 4’ fluorescent troffers and is available in a variety of lens styles, wattages and color temperatures.
“The launch of the LDR suite demonstrates Orion’s commitment to assist facilities in achieving their own energy independence and environmental goals,” said Orion Energy Systems CEO John Scribante.
Orion Energy Systems, Inc. is a leading power technology enterprise that designs, manufactures and deploys energy management systems – consisting primarily of high-performance, energy-efficient lighting platforms, intelligent wireless control systems and direct renewable solar technology for commercial and industrial customers – without compromising their quantity and quality of light. To view the LDR Door Retrofit product video, copy and paste the URL below into your web browser: