DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gk9mq7/travel_and) has announced the addition of the "Travel and Tourism in Slovakia to 2017" report to their offering.
During the review period (2008-2012), tourist volumes in Slovakia increased, driven primarily by government initiatives to promote tourism. The country's inbound tourist volumes increased by 4.8% in 2012 and are expected to record growth over the forecast period (2013-2017) at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.20%. The level of inbound tourism is expected to reach 1.7 million visits in 2017. However, government expenditure on tourism is relatively low, and accounted for only 2.3% of the nation's total GDP in 2012, valuing US$2.2 billion.
- The Slovenská agentúra pre cestovný ruch (SACR) promotes Slovakia domestically through media campaigns, promotional banners on websites and newspaper advertisements, to highlight the country's leading tourist attractions. The cycle of Slovakia's media campaigns generally runs from before the beginning of the summer and winter months to take advantage of traditional holiday seasons. The government is also promoting business tourism, as this provides a lucrative revenue source.
- The Czech Republic has traditionally been the leading source country for inbound tourists to Slovakia, accounting for 40% of the total international arrivals in 2012.
- According to the Slovak Statistics Office (SU), the most popular destination in 2012 was Croatia, with 116,784 trips, followed by Turkey with 90,295 and Bulgaria with 56,790.
- Slovakia's airline market is expected to see a growth in the LCC segment with Ryanair's expansion. Including Norwegian Air Shuttle, LCCs account for 80% of the nation's seat capacity. The country's aviation market will record growth over the forecast period. Ryanair has indicated its aim to establish a base at Bratislava Ivanka Airport.
- The number of hotel establishments in Slovakia increased during the review period, a trend which is anticipated to continue over the forecast period.
- Car rentals in Slovakia are directly dependent on the performance of airlines.
- Four travel agencies, Tip Tour, A-Tour, Best Choice and Medina Tours, went bankrupt in 2013. Conflict in Arab nations and weak economic growth were among the leading causes. Many agencies also offer similar products in a small market. Agencies with sufficient financial reserves and those which did not focus on North Africa continued to grow and did not suffer from the crisis.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Overview
3 Tourism Flows
6 Car Rental
7 Travel Intermediaries
8 Tourism Board Profile
9 Airport Profiles
10 Company Profiles - Airlines
11 Company Profiles - Hotels
12 Company Profiles - Car Rental
13 Company Profiles - Travel Intermediaries
14 Market Data Analysis
- Arcadia Hotel Slovakia
- Avis Rent a Car Slovakia
- Discover Slovakia Tours
Enjoy Slovakia DMC
- Europcar Slovakia
- Hertz Rent a Car Slovakia
- Hotel Amade Château
- Kempinski Hotels Slovakia
- Marrol's Boutique Hotel Bratislava
- Sayegh Aviation Europe
- Sixt Rent a Car Slovakia
- Slovak Tours
Sunway HT, Spol.
- Travel Service Slovakia
- Tulip House Boutique Hotel Slovakia
- VIP Wings
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gk9mq7/travel_and
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.