REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U™
- Dr. Luigi™ – There’s a new doctor in the house! Dr. Mar – or, uh, Dr. Luigi is a new twist on the classic virus-popping puzzle game. Use L-shaped pills in a new game mode and compete with players locally or online. Dr. Luigi will be available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Dec. 31.
Virtual Console™ on Wii U
- Super Punch-Out!!™ – Featuring the tight game play and humor the series is known for, this sequel to the NES™ classic sees Little Mac return to the ring with the World Video Boxing Association belt once again at stake. Slug your way through the grueling, sweat-pounding matches against a cast of characters with unique patterns.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS™
- Mario Tennis™ – Mario Tennis offers three fun-packed modes of tennis play! Practice your swings and shots in Exhibition Mode; go on the Mario Tour, which offers three different save slots to start your very own tennis adventures; or take a break from the workout, and try your luck on some Mario mini-games.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Pokémon™ Bank – Pokémon Bank is an application and service for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that allows you to deposit, store and manage your Pokémon in private Boxes on the Internet. Pokémon Bank will be available on Dec. 27 with a free, 30-day trial for everyone who downloads and activates it prior to Jan. 31. After that, Pokémon Bank will be a paid service, with an annual subscription fee of $4.99.
Get active with FREE CLUB ACCESS
- Start getting active in the New Year – Get moving with awesome, active games for the Wii U system. We’ll help you start the New Year off right with free access to Wii Sports Club™ from Dec. 31 at 12:01 a.m. PT until 11:59 p.m. PT on Jan. 1. The Wii Sports Club game can be downloaded for free from the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- Ubisoft Wii U Sale – Get 30 percent off select Ubisoft titles, including, Assassin’s Creed® III, Just Dance® 4, ZombiU™, Rabbids® Land, Your Shape®: Fitness Evolved 2013 and ESPN Sports Connection, in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. Download now before this promotion ends on Dec. 31.
- Ubisoft Nintendo 3DS Sale – Get 30 percent off select Ubisoft titles, including Rayman® Origins, Rayman® 3D, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 3D, Rabbids® Travel in Time and Petz Fantasy™ 3D, in the Nintendo eShop. Download now before this promotion ends on Dec. 31.
- Atlus Sale – The holidays may be over, but Atlus wants to continue giving away gifts into the new year. Now through 9 a.m. PT on Jan. 6, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor: Soul Hackers, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, and Code of Princess are all on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
Also new this week:
- CastleStorm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Bird Mania Christmas 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- EDGE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
To view this week’s Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadh8gf568b.php.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles weekly to the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system as well as the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos. Users can add money to their account balance by using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii U eShop or the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.