CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Data Center Security Products report, which tracks data center security appliances and virtual security appliances.
“The most recent revelation that the NSA has been secretly siphoning data from Google and Yahoo! data centers worldwide has put a laser focus on the need for security at all levels of the data center, from layer 1 transport all the way up to individual applications and data. The world’s never been more tuned into privacy and security,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
DATA CENTER SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- While software-defined networks (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) are forcing networking vendors to offer new form factors or to re-architect solutions, working with OpenFlow and other SDN technologies is an evolutionary change for security vendors, who have been adapting products for virtualized environments for over 5 years
- Global revenue for the ported virtual security appliances segment of the larger data center security appliance market grew 4% between the first and second quarters of 2013, to $107 million
- Purpose-built virtual security appliances are forecast by Infonetics to grow at a strong compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25% from 2012 to 2017
- The virtual appliance vendor landscape is crowded with a mix of established security players, virtualization platform vendors, and specialist vendors
DATA CENTER SECURITY WEBINAR
Join Infonetics Dec. 10 for Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements, a live event that examines new high-speed, high-capacity data center security solutions: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=708420&s=1&k=93D3BBD5218FE00E14D1BCEDFE6834F7
DATA CENTER SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual data center security report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for purpose-built virtual security appliances and multiple segments of ported virtual security appliances and data center security appliances. Vendors tracked: Arbor Networks, Blue Coat, Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, GenieNRM, HP, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, Narus, SonicWall, Sourcefire, Stonesoft, Symantec, Trend Micro, WatchGuard, Websense, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY RESEARCH
- SaaS security sales up 29% year-over-year in 3Q13
- Carrier capex increasing 6% in 2013, ignited by BRIC countries; revenue to hit $2 trillion
- Hacker attacks and concerns over government spying help spur mobile security market
- Cloud security services to top $9 billion by 2017, barring stumbling blocks
- Standalone security markets stalling as integrated security markets grow
- Network upgrades forcing enterprises to buy faster firewalls
- Skyrocketing SMS/MMS security gateway market to grow at least 9-fold by 2017
RECENT & UPCOMING MARKET FORECAST AND SURVEYS
- Infonetics’ new 2014 Market Research Lineup
- Network Security Appliances & Software - 3Q13 Edition (Dec. 3)
- DDoS Prevention Appliances (Dec. 4)
- Data Center and Enterprise SDN Hardware and Software (Dec. 9)
- Cloud & Data Center Security Strategies & Vendor Leadership Survey (Dec. 11)
- SMS/MMS Security Gateways (Dec. 16)
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements (Dec. 10: Sign up)
- SMS/MMS Security Strategies for Mobile Carriers (View on demand)
- Using Big Data Analytics to Improve Security (2014: Sponsor)
- DDoS Mitigation Strategies: What’s Next (2014: Sponsor)
- Protecting Infrastructure Control Systems from Cyber Attacks (2014: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.