DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Colorado BioScience Association (CBSA) will be celebrating its 10th anniversary at the Annual Awards Dinner, Thursday, November 7, 2013, 5:30 to 9:00 p.m., at the Denver Marriott City Center. The announcement is made by April Giles, President & CEO of the Colorado BioScience Association (CBSA) who says, “Over the past 10 years the Association has grown from a small startup enterprise to a mature and successful organization. This is our night to celebrate and honor our community.”
Three key leaders who have made significant contributions to the industry and community in Colorado will be sharing their memories, insight and vision.
- Larry Gold, Ph.D., Founder and CEO, SomaLogic, and Professor at the University of Colorado Boulder
- Chris Christoffersen, Ph.D., General Partner, Lightstone Ventures & Partner, Morgenthaler Ventures
- David Perez, President and Chief Executive Officer, Terumo BCT, Chairman, Blood Management Business Division, Terumo Corporation
This year’s event will feature three very special honors given only for the 10th anniversary, including the Pioneering Award, Founders Award and Visionary Award. The awardees will be announced on stage by emcee Steffan Tubbs, Morning Co-Host on 850 KOA News.
- The Pioneering Award will be given to individuals who have led the bioscience industry in Colorado from the ground up. These leaders have made significant contributions to the industry and the community as a whole.
- The Founders Award will be given to organizations that have shaped CBSA over the past 10 years. Through their leadership and support CBSA has been able to succeed and serve the industry.
- The Visionary Award will be given to one bioscience leader who looks ahead and continues to build the bioscience industry in the future.
The evening will also honor the 2013 Class of Boettcher Investigators of the Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Program, plus the outstanding annual company and individual awards. The finalists for the Company of the Year and Rising Star of the Year awards will be announced October 28, 2013. Tickets and tables available now at http://www.cobioscience.com/events-calendar/awards-dinner-2013.
About Colorado BioScience Association
The CBSA is a not-for-profit organization providing services and support for Colorado's bioscience industry. With more than 350 members, CBSA actively works to promote the growth of the industry by advocating for a better business environment, growing the state's biotech workforce, fighting for policies that support a strong bioscience industry in the state, and speaking with a single voice on behalf of the industry. For more information, visit http://www.cobioscience.com.
CBSA also is found on these social media sites:
LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=98468&trk=anet_ug_grppro
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/ColoradoBioScienceAssociation
News Feed: http://coloradobio.blogspot.com
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/COBioscience