DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Rocky Mountain Venture Capital Association and KPMG LLP are thrilled to introduce 14 early stage and growth companies at the Sixth Annual Venture Capital in the Rockies Fall conference (VCIR Fall 2013). From cloud-based services to renewable energy technologies, this year’s conference will showcase the most innovative growth companies in the Rocky Mountain region.
The VCIR Fall 2013 conference will be held at the Montage Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, October 9-11, 2013, featuring companies from Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and Utah.
“The VCIR Fall conference is about more than introducing companies with innovative ideas, it’s about connecting companies with investors, entrepreneurs and service providers in the region,” said Alison Wistner, director at Mercato Partners and co-chair of VCIR Fall. “We expect more than 150 attendees at this year’s conference and look forward to learning about some of the regions most promising early-stage companies.”
Four-time Paraolympian and founder of One Revolution, Chris Waddell, will present this year’s opening address. He was a promising young skier at Middlebury College in 1988 when a skiing accident left him paralyzed from the waist down. Waddell speaks to the resilience of the human condition with topics ranging from leadership to adversity to quality of life.
Additionally, Josh James, founder and CEO of Domo, a cloud-based platform that gives users direct, real-time access to all the business information they care about, will give the keynote address. Also in 1996, James co-founded Omniture, an online marketing and web analytics business that was acquired by Adobe Systems in 2009 for $1.8 billion. Both Domo and Omniture were founded in Utah.
“During the past 30 years, VCIR conferences have raised more than one billion dollars for innovative growth companies,” said Chris Cooper, partner at Pelion Venture Partners and co-chair of VCIR Fall. “The company line-up for this year’s conference was carefully selected and are the very best in the region.”
The 14 presenting companies include:
- appsFreedom is a leading provider of Enterprise Mobile Cloud Software for SAP that enables companies and their employees to achieve Workplace Freedom. appsFreedom drives business productivity with pre-built, pre-integrated, ready-to-use Freedom Apps and the Freedom Platform, which empowers enterprises to build, deploy, manage and run mobile apps in a simple user-based subscription model.
- Chargeback.com is revolutionizing the playing field for businesses, by providing unparalleled advantages in the fight against credit card chargebacks and fraud. As the authority in chargeback representment (response and recovery) for merchants around the world, our services greatly assist merchants in fighting and winning chargebacks, helping to improve their bottom line.
- Contatta knows two things are clear: first, the CRM most used by sales teams is their email. Second, it’s not their fault. The fact is, sales teams don’t hate CRM systems, they hate CRM systems that take up more of their time without helping them sell more. And no CRM is helping them sell more. Until now. Contatta will be released Q4 2013.
- Creditera was founded to provide a consolidated personal and business credit monitoring service with an exclusive B2B focus. There are lots of places to monitor personal or business credit separately, but only with Creditera does it happen in one place. Comprehensive, easy, secure, and served up with love.
- Cypher technology is comprised of sophisticated pattern recognition and data manipulation algorithms efficient enough to run on mobile processors. Cypher Technology enables cellphones that filter out virtually all background noise, hearing aids focused on what the wearer wants to hear, voice commands or voice-to-text that's virtually error free in any environment, conference calls where everyone can hear and be heard and audio recordings without unwanted noises or voices.
- OrderStorm is a SaaS software provider specializing in WordPress e-commerce shopping carts, drop shipping software, order management software, CRM and dealer program software. All OrderStorm software is hosted in the OrderStorm cloud for ease of use, and our platform can be easily customized for each website and shopping cart.
- Skycrane provides simple apps and services to automate and outsource business tasks. Work Easier: submit a task, task is assigned to a hand-picked specialist, specialist completes the task, and relax while the quality is verified.
- Space Monkey is changing how the world stores data, forever. By taking the Cloud out of the data center and putting it in consumers' homes, Space Monkey provides all the benefits of a traditional cloud service but at a fraction of the cost, and with the speed and space of local data storage.
- Storyvine introduces the new world of Social Broadcasting™: Your Brand, Your Message, Your People.
- SupportLocal is a personal network between local friends to share recommendations and build community support. Additionally, SupportLocal enables businesses to demonstrate support for their communities and generate customer referrals. By making everyday word-of-mouth more efficient for people and business, we promote the vibrancy of community.
- VizKinect connects “Left Brain” Science and Analytics to “Right Brain” Creative to produce smarter videos, commercials, TV shows and movies. With our advanced biometric technology, we track and measure viewers’ reactions to your media to discover what captures their attention—and what messages and visuals are left unnoticed. Combining the analytics with our state-of-the-art production equipment, we can adjust, or even create, the video to best speak to your target audience. Together, with the science and creative, smarter advertising and production is possible.
- WAVE tackles the problem of heavy and expensive vehicle batteries through wireless power, transferring electricity between vehicle and roadway. WAVE is dedicated to bringing to market the latest innovations in wireless power technology.
- youwho is a stealth mode company that intends to own and operate a platform through which users can search their ancestry. youwho was incorporated in 2008 and is based in Provo, Utah.
Venture Capital in the Rockies (VCIR) is the region’s oldest and best-attended venture capital conference and will hold its 6th annual VCIR Fall edition in Park City, Utah, in 2013. Along with the annual VCIR Winter conference, the two VCIR conferences encompass the premier venture investing conferences in the Rocky Mountain region and among the most respected venture conferences in the country. Creating a dynamic marketplace for ideas and investment, each year both editions of VCIR invite 35 to 40 companies seeking investment to present to panels of venture investors, as well as an audience of other entrepreneurs, CEOs and professionals servicing the venture community. More information can be found at www.vcirwinter.com or www.vcirfall.com.