SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Indiegogo, the world’s largest crowdfunding platform, announces a suite of enhancements that beginning today will provide customers with immediate access to insightful data about their campaigns, new ways to attract funders through specialized perks and an improved method for tracking contributions and managing perk fulfillment.
Over the last twelve months, Indiegogo has solidified its position as the global crowdfunding leader with the amount of funds pledged to campaigns growing by 112%.
Indiegogo’s focus on customer happiness is unique in the crowdfunding space, and the new features are designed to help campaigners achieve their highest level of success. Since launching in January 2008, Indiegogo has hosted more than 150,000 campaigns in almost every country in the world. Indiegogo distributes millions of dollars each week.
“Indiegogo is leading the growth in the crowdfunding industry because of our commitment to ensuring customers have the tools and flexibility they need to make their ideas come to life. Our customers are increasingly using data from our platform as a tool for raising funds, and the features we're launching today will make that process even more beneficial,” said Danae Ringelmann, Indiegogo co-founder and Chief Customer Officer.
Details on the new product features launching today:
- New Campaigner Dashboard — Entirely new look, feel and functionality that give campaign owners the data and tools they need to optimize their campaigns for success
- Enhanced funding data — Track which websites are driving the most campaign traffic, contributions and conversions; where contributors are based; and which individuals are referring the most visitors to a campaign
- Trend analysis — Weekly, daily and hourly breakouts of data used for tracking trends in contributions and the impact of various promotion efforts
- Fulfillment — Interactive contributors tab streamlines fulfillment efforts with new reporting and tracking functionality
- Perks — Ability to monitor which perks are attracting the most funding in order to choose which one to promote, using the new “Featured Perk” tool
- Google Analytics — Campaign owners can now integrate their Google Analytics accounts with their Indiegogo campaigns enabling them to monitor page traffic in real-time
During the process of creating these new features, Indiegogo identified the following insights that campaign owners can use to succeed:
- Campaigns that post at least three updates raise approximately 239% more than those that post two or fewer updates
- Campaigns run by teams (more than one person) raise approximately 94% more than those that are operated by a single person
- $25 perks are the most popular
- Campaigns with videos raise approximately 115% more than those without videos
- 45 days is the optimal campaign length
Indiegogo has achieved unprecedented success bringing entrepreneurial, cause-related and creative ideas to life -- including the first crowdfunded baby, a partnership with the White House’s Startup America initiative, Matthew Inman’s Nikola Tesla museum and this year’s record-breaking Ubuntu Edge campaign, which received the most money ever pledged to a crowdfunding campaign.
Indiegogo empowers people around the world to fund what matters to them. As the largest global crowdfunding platform, campaigns have launched from every country around the world with millions of dollars being distributed every week due to contributions made by the Indiegogo community. At its core, Indiegogo is the equal opportunity platform dedicated to democratizing the way people raise funds for any project – creative, entrepreneurial or cause-related. The company was launched in 2008 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles and New York. For more information, visit www.indiegogo.com and follow us at www.twitter.com/indiegogo and www.facebook.com/indiegogo