DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/42tc8x/international) has announced the addition of the "International Survey of Academic Library Data Curation Practices" report to their offering.
This survey looks closely at the data curation practices of a sample of research-oriented universities largely from the USA, the UK, Australia and Scandinavia but also including India, South Africa and other countries. The study looks at how major universities are assisting faculty in developing data curation and management plans for large scale data projects, largely in the sciences and social sciences, often as pre-conditions for major grants. The report looks at which departments of universities are shouldering the data curation burden, the personnel involved in the efforts, the costs involved, types of software used, difficulties in procuring scientific experiment logs and other hard to obtain information, types of training offered to faculty, and other issues in large scale data management.
Just a few of the report's many findings are that:
- More than half (63.33 percent) of all libraries in the sample offer advice to faculty on how to develop data management plans for grant proposals and/or personal use. This practice is more common among participants in the United States (72.22 percent) than it is among those outside the U.S. (50 percent).
- Survey participants estimate that a mean of 27.55 percent of the college/university overall spending on data curation is contributed by the library.
- 29.41 percent of all survey participants say it is "very difficult" to procure and archive video, photographs, and other images, while an identical 29.41 percent say it is either "quite easy" or "relatively easy."
30 major universities participated in the survey including: Case Western Reserve University, Indiana University-Purdue, the London School of Economics, Monash University, Rutgers University, Stockholm University, Trinity University, Tulane University, the University of Arizona, the University of Minnesota, the University of Victoria, and the University of Virginia, among many others.
Sources / Contributors
- Case Western Reserve University
- Colorado State University
- Dublin City University
- George Mason University
- Gogebic Community College
- Griffith University
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Lincoln University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Monash University
- Oregon State University
- Purdue University
- Rutgers University
- Saint Louis University
- Southampton Solent University
- Stockholm University
- Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University
- Trinity University
- Tulane University
- University of Arizona
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Connecticut
- University of Minnesota
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- University of Otago
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Victoria
- University of Virginia
- Uppsala University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/42tc8x/international
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.