NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TV Guide Digital today debuted its redesigned one-stop TV app for Android, which makes TV simple again by allowing fans to find, share and watch instantly – anytime, anywhere.
TV Guide’s apps for Android, iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® have been installed more than 9 million times. Since August 2012, when redesigned iOS apps launched, monthly active users for all TV Guide apps have doubled to more than 2.5 million. This is the most significant redesign for the Android app since it launched in 2010.
The hottest new feature in the Android redesign is TV Guide’s Watchlist, a personalized profile that makes it easy to find all the ways to watch. The number of Watchlists created through TVGuide.com and its iOS apps has grown from 500,000 in August 2012 to more than 1.1 million today. TV Guide users’ top Watchlist picks have accurately predicted the season’s top new shows for consecutive seasons, with “Revolution” and “The Following” tracking to the #1 spots in September and January, respectively.
When fans add shows, sports teams, actors and movies to their Watchlist, it shows them on a single screen all the ways to watch -- on TV, on demand, streaming and DVD. In the Android app, fans can instantly link to apps for HBO GO, Hulu Plus, The CW, MAX GO and Crackle to watch their favorites. Additional video sources will be added during the next few weeks.
Other new features include New Tonight Trending, a social hot list based on what TV Guide users are watching, plus Watchlist filters for News, which show users only their favorites.
In addition to Watchlist and New Tonight Trending, new features include:
- Social check-in and discussion: Throughout the app, check in, share and discuss what you’re watching via social networks using TV Guide’s “I’ll Watch” button.
- Video Search and Curated Video Channels: Find the TV shows, movies and web originals you want to watch now or browse through editor- and guest-curated channels. Guest curators have included Andy Cohen from Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live.”
- Celebrity Watchlist Videos: The biggest stars – Sigourney Weaver, Tina Fey, Katie Couric and dozens more – share why they love their favorites in these exclusive TV Guide videos.
- Super-Charged “Classic” Listings: Our best listings grid ever, including alerts, HD and favorite channel filters, “I’ll Watch” social sharing, and instant “Add to Watchlist.”
- Original Editorial Content: TV Guide’s original breaking news and features – and the ability to discuss them with editors and other fans.
- New Tonight Sports: Every sporting event on TV that day.
About TV Guide Digital
TV Guide Digital includes TVGuide.com, reaching more than 16.5 million unique visitors per month, and TV Guide Mobile applications for iPhone, Android and iPad with nine million installations and more than 2.5 million active users. TV Guide Digital recently launched Watchlist, a groundbreaking, award-winning product that personalizes entertainment discovery and boasts more than one million registered users. TVGuide.com is a one-stop entertainment destination for online television, news, community and TV listings. The site’s Online Video Guide allows users to watch virtually any and every available full-length TV episode from all the major broadcast and cable television networks. TVGuide.com is ranked #1 by Nielsen’s “TV and Entertainment” category for attracting the “most engaged” users, who average four visits and 10 minutes per month and 16 page views per person. In addition, TV Guide Digital attracts a young and affluent fan base – half are younger than 35 years old and 26 percent earn a household income of more than $100K a year. TV Guide Digital is a CBS Corporation/Lionsgate partnership.