NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Creative Week returns for its 5th edition on May 6-10, 2013 in New York City with a diverse lineup of thought leadership programming, the annual Creative unConference, and The One Show Awards, the cornerstone of Creative Week, which celebrate the best in advertising, design and creativity. Hosted by The One Club, the weeklong celebration commemorates the best creative work in the world, the creative professionals responsible for that work, and the intersection of advertising with the arts.
"Creative Week is the premier celebration of creativity in advertising and design in all its forms,” said Kevin Swanepoel, President of The One Club. “Creative leaders from around the world come to engage, celebrate, network, educate and learn.”
The 2013 program features panels and workshops during the day, with film screenings and award shows in the evening.
- The One Show Awards: The One Show Awards (May 8) honor advertising’s brightest stars from today and tomorrow, the One Show Design Awards (May 6), which celebrate the best designs in communications and marketing, and The One Show Interactive Awards (May 10) which honor achievements in digital marketing.
- We Are Made in NY: Creative Innovation (May 6) – Rachel Haot, Chief Digital Officer for the City of New York, will moderate a panel comprised of NYC's top creative innovators in tech.
- Art Imitates Life: How Film Can Effect Social and Political Change (May 6) – Join Pras Michel, founder of The Fugees, on stage as he discusses the documentary Sweet Micky for President which chronicles the election of Haiti’s president Michel Martelli following the 2010 earthquake .
- The Beats Behind the Brands (May 6) – Karl Carter and Kembo Tom of GTM, co-creators of the successful VH1 reality show Master of the Mix, will lead a panel of expert marketers who stand at the crossroads of entertainment, music and marketing.
- Fashion’s Return to Bravery: How one of the industry’s elite is breaking all the rules to revolutionize fashion (May 7) – One of fashion’s most-credentialed insiders, Iana dos Reis Nunes, Head of Global Communications at The Row, former Executive Director of PR at Chanel & Louis Vuitton will discuss how she has broken the mold of formatted corporate luxury procedure and is re-inventing the creative process.
- 121212: The Story Behind The Show (May 6) – 12-12-12, the concert for Sandy Relief, raised over $70MM in one night with all proceeds going directly to the Robin Hood Relief Fund. John Sykes, President of Clear Channel Entertainment Enterprises, Bill Oberlander, MD Comm Marketing + Events for the Robin Hood Foundation, Robin Korn, EVP of Strategic Marketing for MSG Entertainment, and Zena Burns, Vice President of Digital Programming Platforms for Clear Channel Media and Entertainment will discuss how it all came together and how many people it helped.
- Parisfx: L'Expérience Magique (May 7) –Presented by the Ile de France Film Commission in association with the Cultural Services of the French Embassy, Parisfx will showcase the most creative and innovative French companies in digital arts and VFX, including BUF (Life of Pi).
- The Real Mad Men and Women of Madison Avenue (May 9) – A co-production of WNET/PBS and The One Club which explores the real world of Madison Avenue—then and now.
Additionally, topics such as real-time video, 3D printing, mobile, cause marketing, creative technologies, fashion, and creative women in business will be discussed on stage.
Creative Week 2013 will feature various brand marketers from companies including: American Express, AT&T, GoDaddy, Google Glass, Intel, L’Oreal, Microsoft and Philips.
The week will also highlight advertising agencies always on the cutting edge of creativity. Agencies include: CP+B, Deutsch NY, DraftFCB, Grey NY, Havas Strat Farm, JWT, McCann, Ogilvy & Mather, Razorfish, R/GA, Saatchi & Saatchi NY, Sid Lee USA , Swim and Strawberry Frog.
This year, Creative Week will be held in one central location at 82Mercer (82 Mercer Street) in Soho.
The Creative Week NYC calendar of activities is available at www.creativeweek.com
You also can follow Creative Week on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CreativeWeek
About Creative Week
Creative Week is an annual celebration of creativity in advertising, design, digital media and the arts that feed and touch those disciplines. Officially proclaimed an annual city-wide event the second week of by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Creative Week was conceived by The One Club in 2009, and in association with its annual One Show Festival, to provide an opportunity for New York City’s varied creative organizations and peers across the globe to find an appreciate and influential audience and networking opportunities.
About The One Club
The One Club, a non-profit organization, exists to champion and promote excellence in advertising and design in all its forms. Founded in 1975, as part of its mission to promote high standards of creative excellence, The One Club produces the One Show, One Show Design, One Show Interactive and One Show Entertainment. The coveted One Show Gold Pencils are regarded as the zenith of achievement in the advertising world.
Art & Copy, a documentary film produced by The One Club, recently won an Emmy Award after appearing on PBS Independent Lens.