PLAYA VISTA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--People-inspired tech brand Belkin announced today the availability of a breakthrough new iPad keyboard case—the Ultimate Keyboard Case. Using a revolutionary aluminum alloy and magnet construction, Belkin’s Ultimate Keyboard Case is now the slimmest and lightest keyboard folio of its kind on the market, with a keyboard that is just 6.4mm thin and weighing 17 ounces. Consumers can pre-order the Ultimate Keyboard Case at belkin.com or purchase at select retail locations in May.
“We believe the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case will reinvent the iPad user experience,” says Jamie Elgie, senior director of product management at Belkin. “It gives the iPad all of the functionality of a laptop, while maintaining the sleek appeal of a tablet.”
Unveiled at the 2013 International CES in January, the Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case marries upgraded features such as a durable aluminum alloy base with a precise iPad keyboard, all in a compact package. The Ultimate Keyboard Case conveniently folds flat to hide the keyboard when watching movies or reading. When not in use, the keyboard automatically shuts off, to offer instant access to the iPad’s onscreen keyboard and help save battery life. View the product video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGQPScbVPo for an overview of features.
Featuring Belkin’s award-winning TruType keys, the Ultimate Keyboard Case provides a smooth, laptop-like typing experience to minimize errors and maintain typing speed. It also offers a fully protective back cover to keep your iPad safe from scratches, scuffs and everyday wear and tear when the keyboard is attached.
An additional enhancement is its SoundFlow design, which enhances audio clarity and directs the sound toward you for superior movie watching or game playing.
Features of the New Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case (F5L149) - $99.99/Black; $129.99/White
- Specially machined aluminum alloy base reduces thickness while improving durability
- Keyboard is only 6.4mm thin and 17 ounces in weight providing a slim ¾" profile that highlights iPad’s design and minimizes bulk
- Magnet sensors automatically turn keyboard on or off
- Media Mode flat-fold hides the keyboard away for reading, watching movies or playing games
- Well-spaced, TruType™ keys for comfortable, laptop-like typing experience
- Three viewing and typing angles, with magnets that hold the iPad in place
- SoundFlow design for enhanced audio power
- Auto-awake magnets wake up your iPad when opened
- Shortcut keys for easy media control
- Bluetooth® 2.0 connectivity
- 160-hour battery life under constant use, 6-month standby battery life
- Rechargeable battery uses included Micro USB cable
Pricing & Availability
The Ultimate Keyboard Case is available in two color options—black ($99.99) and white ($129.99). Belkin’s Ultimate Keyboard Case for iPad is available for pre-order sale online at http://www.belkin.com/us/Ultimate-Keyboard-Case-for-iPad and will be available at select retailers in May.
To learn more about Belkin, visit http://www.belkin.com/aboutus/
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Bluetooth name and the Bluetooth trademarks are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and are used by Belkin International, Inc., under license.