SEATTLE--(Seattle Chapter of the National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI) for a luncheon and presentation on Trends in Shareholder Activism.)--Join the
The Thomson Reuters Special Situations Advisory team will provide an update on the increasing influence of shareholder activists, discuss how the activist environment has evolved, and highlight key activist firms and their methods. Additionally, the Thomson team will provide an overview of trading techniques employed by activists and offer strategies for Investor Relations teams to prepare themselves for engagement.
Ted McHugh & Tyson McCabe
Special Situations Advisory Team - Thomson Reuters
- Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013
- Time: 11:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time
- Location: Washington Athletic Club (WAC), 1325 Sixth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101
- Cost: NIRI Members $25.00, Nonmembers $35.00
- Registration: http://www.niriseattle.org
- RSVP: by Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Upcoming NIRI-Seattle events include:
- Pub night at Parlor Billiards & Spirits – March 12, 2013
- Chapter meeting on Time Management skills presented by Elizabeth D. Bowman of Innovatively Organized – April 10, 2013*
- Chapter meeting – topic TBA – May 2013*
- Summer Social at Safeco Field for a Mariners day game – June 5, 2013*
*Sponsorship opportunities are still available for upcoming events. Please visit our website for more information.
The award-winning NIRI-Seattle chapter has 50 members and is one of 35 chapters nationwide. NIRI was founded in 1969 and is an international organization with 4,400 members, including the majority of the largest publicly held corporations in the U.S. and an increasing number of small and mid-sized companies. If you are interested in more information about NIRI-Seattle, or would like to receive a membership information kit, please visit www.niriseattle.org.