DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ztzdtd/zynga_inc_a) has announced the addition of the "Zynga, Inc.: A change of strategy for troubled former social network gaming star" report to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“Zynga, Inc.: A change of strategy for troubled former social network gaming star”
Free-to-play games have appeared as the internet has become common in homes. Social network websites have fuelled their growth. In July 2007, Zynga was launched, purchasing Draw Something game developer OMGPOP in March 2012, six months later the company was forced to write off half its investment. Zynga experienced significant growth in the mobile platform market, and launched its own website.
Facebook launched Facebook Platform in May 2007, opening its applications programming interface, allowing third parties to develop their own. Developers were able to create games which could be played on Facebook, within weeks free-to-play games started to appear and began generating substantial revenues, assisted by Facebook's viral distribution.
Your key questions answered
- What is free-to-play gaming, and how did it evolve?
- What are Zynga's plans for the future, and how is it planning on turning its fortunes around?
Key Topics Covered:
- Free-to-play gaming emerges as the internet takes hold
- Pay-to-play versus free-to-play
- Free-to-play and social networking
ZYNGA AND FACEBOOK
- Successful relationship pays dividends for both companies
- Zynga generates substantial percentage of Facebook revenues
- Zynga's initial public offering
ZYNGA ACQUIRES RIVAL DEVELOPER OMGPOP
- Move fails to turn around its fortunes in 2012
- Zynga's problems continue
- Zynga and Facebook end relationship
- Underwriter abandons Zynga
ZYNGA'S LIMITED SUCCESSES
- Modest success as company tries to reverse its decline
- Zynga launches its own gaming platform
- Popular game sequel proves a hit
- Zynga looks to expand into real money gambling
- Diversification key to Zynga's survival
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ztzdtd/zynga_inc_a