NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mindspeed Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MSPD), the industry leader in technology for small cell base stations, will be showing over 35 different small cell products from 25 customers and demonstrating the latest in small cell technology at Mobile World Congress, Hall 7 – 1E104 in Barcelona, Spain from February 25 to 28th, 2013. These include carrier deployed small cells for both 3G and LTE and technology milestones such as the first demonstration of small cell with LTE-A (carrier aggregation), products for both LTE FDD and TD-LTE and small-cell plus Wi-Fi integration.
Commercial and operator deployed small cell products that will be on display at the Mindspeed booth range from cost-effective residential femtocells, through enterprise and indoor base stations, to high-performance, high-power public access metrocells and outdoor picocells.
Mindspeed is the only small cell SoC supplier with demonstrated support for all 3GPP air-interfaces: HSPA, TD-SCDMA, LTE FDD and TD-LTE and commercial small cells for all of these will be on display. These include 3G only systems, LTE only systems and dual-mode with simultaneous 3G and LTE.
Demonstrations at the booth will include a range of Mindspeed technologies:
- 20MHz LTE Small Cell: Most small cells to date have been limited to 10MHz channels. This demonstration features the Mindspeed® Transcede® T3300 product, running a complete LTE small cell implementation with 20MHz channels.
- LTE-A with carrier aggregation: A proof of concept demonstration of Release 10 LTE (LTE-A) showing carrier aggregation, with one T3300 device combining two different radios on two different bands.
- Integrated Small Cell and Wi-Fi small cell: Showing how Wi-Fi and small cell can be combined into one system: not merely side-by-side but with co-operation and awareness to enable synergies. Benefits to operators from this could include improved security, reduced OpEx or bearer-aware services.
- High-performance HSPA: Mindspeed has a leading position in both LTE and dual-mode, many deployments are still 3G. Mindspeed has a dominant position here with 63% share according to Infonetics. This demonstration shows a high-performance small cell SoC that supports 32 users with advanced HSPA+ capabilities.
- Dual-mode HSPA and LTE: Mindspeed is the only company with field-proven, carrier deployed small cell technology for both 3G and LTE, with demonstrations of integrated simultaneous dual-mode on a single SoC device.
- Commercial TD-LTE small cell: Emphasizing the maturity and breadth of offering of Mindspeed’s technology portfolio is a commercial small cell from a customer with live, operator deployed TD-LTE.
There will also be information on Mindspeed’s newly announced T3400 and T4400 Transcede SoC, designed for high-performance small cell basestations, supporting LTE-A with a roadmap to LTE-B/LTE-HI.
“Small cells have become mainstream for operators, and Mindspeed is the leading supplier of technology for this,” said Rupert Baines, vice president of marketing at Mindspeed. “MWC is an opportunity to see small cell base stations from our customers, and we will have many of those at our booth. As well as commercial leadership, we will be demonstrating our technology leadership, with the first small cell plus Wi-Fi system and the first small cell with LTE-A.”
Products planned for public display include:
- 25 unique HSPA femtocells and small cells, including those in commercial service with service providers from around the world
- 13 LTE and dual-mode small cells, including those from carriers in commercial rollout
- Real-world ecosystem participation from Mindspeed collaborators
- Four different TD-SCDMA femtocells from innovative small cell manufacturers, with roadmap to TD-LTE
- Picocell-class products for enterprise, metro and rural markets
Mindspeed is the leader in technology for small cell base stations, with top market share for HSPA shipments, more announced design engagements for LTE small cells than any other vendor and is the first SoC supplier with operator-deployed LTE small cells.
In addition, Mindspeed will showcase solutions for mobile broadband routers (MBRs), or "fixed-wireless" LTE gateways, powered by its dual-core, ARM® Cortex-A9 Comcerto® 2000 processor family. The new class of high-performance MBR designs can deliver full 20Mhz, 150/50 Mbps and 10MHz 75/50 Mbps LTE data rates with support for Wi-Fi, including 802.11ac, Gigabit Ethernet, carrier-class VoIP and enterprise class security features. These new wireless gateways enable the deployment of triple-play broadband services using LTE network access wherever wireline broadband is either unavailable or impractical.
About Mindspeed Technologies
Mindspeed Technologies (NASDAQ: MSPD) is a leading provider of network infrastructure semiconductor solutions to the communications industry. The company's low-power system-on-chip (SoC) products are helping to drive video, voice and data applications in worldwide fiber-optic networks and enable advanced processing for 3G and long-term evolution (LTE) mobile networks. The company's high-performance analog products are used in a variety of optical, enterprise, industrial and video transport systems. Mindspeed's products are sold to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) around the globe.