BLUE BELL, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Halfpenny Technologies and Altosoft today announced that Halfpenny has enhanced its ITF-Hub solution for clinical laboratories to improve provider outreach with a new business intelligence dashboard. The Halfpenny ITF-Hub is a cloud-based clinical data exchange solution that allows computerized orders and consolidated results delivery for clinical laboratories, diagnostic imaging centers and other ancillary clinical areas. By integrating business intelligence software from Altosoft, an innovator in the field of healthcare informatics and process intelligence, Halfpenny customers will gain quantifiable insight into their operations, so they can be more competitive in today’s market shaped by economic, regulatory and workforce factors.
The combination of ITF-Hub with the Altosoft business intelligence platform benefits labs by offering them:
- Bidirectional exchange between CPOE tools and laboratory information systems for increased workflow accuracy and faster turnaround time
- Ability to designate multiple providers to share patient data for improved care coordination and communication
- Multidirectional clinical data sharing between laboratory, providers, health plans and regulatory agencies for lower overhead and more accurate measurement of provider performance and care quality
- Consolidated results delivery at the point of care gives providers faster, more complete information to help them achieve improved patient outcomes
- Dashboard view of lab orders and top referrers to better manage customer outreach initiatives
- Snapshot comparison of individual test volumes to enable better financial outcomes
- Real-time tracking of ordering patterns showing sudden spikes or drops in ordering by a physician, practice or clinic. This enables the labs’ sales team to address both positive and negative trends without having to wait for the monthly historical reports many LIS vendors offer
- Real-time views of turnaround time so lab management can be sure their referral base are receiving the service they expect
- Actionable intelligence for improved operational efficiencies and compliance with third-party payers and government regulations
In addition, ITF-Hub uses one interface which offers limitless connections for true interoperability with any EHR application. One interface means better return on investment and improved customer outreach.
“Hospitals and Commercial Labs are faced with increasing market challenges that requires them to become more efficient in their day-to-day operations,” said Tim Kowalski, Halfpenny’s president and chief executive officer. “Exchanging lab orders and results with their physician customers is just one part of the challenge they face. Understanding the flow of that data is just as critical to Hospitals and Commercial Labs in enabling them to become more efficient and competitive in the market. Our Halfpenny ITF-Hub along with our new Business Intelligence solution, fueled by Altosoft, provides the toolset for Hospitals and Labs to finally be able to manage this flow of electronic lab data.”
The Altosoft solution is designed to exceed performance and scalability requirements for even the largest enterprises, but its rapid implementation, cost effectiveness, low maintenance, and ease-of-use also make it ideal for departmental solutions, mid-sized businesses, and embedded/OEM applications. It can be installed on a single server or distributed across multiple computers for shared access and cost-effective scalability. In addition, its “no-code” approach enables frontline workers to simply custom-configure dashboards, enabling them to obtain the data they need without having to rely on IT staffers. This ability slashes the time required, and allows workers to get the knowledge they need to perform their jobs more effectively.
“Halfpenny is an acknowledged leader in its field, helping labs connect seamlessly with labs and doctors’ offices. To be included as part of their product offering is a logical extension of Altosoft’s growing participation with healthcare organizations throughout North America,” said Scott Opitz, Altosoft’s president and chief executive officer. “This will give medical professionals the chance to experience how dashboards and business intelligence can help them not only streamline their procedures, but understand how they can improve their processes to operate more cost-effectively, and well as to be in consistent compliance with the rules they are required to follow.”
Halfpenny Technologies will be attending the 2013 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition in New Orleans, LA on March 3-7; and representatives will be available in booth #5223 to discuss this lab data interface solution.
About Halfpenny Technologies
Halfpenny Technologies Inc. provides clinical laboratories, hospitals, health plans, health information exchanges and EHR vendors with a cloud based, secure, scalable, vendor-neutral clinical data exchange platform. Our proven track record of providing advanced features, rapid implementation, reliable technology infrastructure and LOINC mapping enables laboratories and hospitals to win new clients and better compete in the HITECH era; health plans to improve HEDIS reporting and STAR ratings, increase revenue and support population-based initiatives; and EHR vendors to include CPOE and results delivery in their solutions and meet Meaningful Use certification requirements. To learn more about Halfpenny Technologies visit www.halfpenny.com.
Altosoft's products take BI to a higher level, delivering advanced functionality while enabling companies’ BI implementations to work faster, easier, and more cost effectively.
These process-aware solutions eliminate the cost and complexity of conventional BI while delivering advanced functionality for operational performance improvement. Altosoft’s revolutionary, 100% codeless approach features ultra low-latency data monitoring and analysis across operational databases, warehouses, and other data sources. It integrates real-time event monitoring and business process optimization. It also enables dashboard development in minutes with a unique browser-based, drag-and-drop interface.
A typical Altosoft solution is implemented in one-tenth the time and at less than one-half the cost of ordinary BI. Headquartered in Media, Pennsylvania, Altosoft delivers solutions for commercial and government organizations worldwide. www.altosoft.com.