TRELLEBORG, Sweden--()--Regulatory News:
“Full-year 2012 was a good 12 months for Trelleborg. In a turbulent economic climate, we improved our geographic balance and portfolio of operations and strengthened our positions. During the year, we formed the joint venture TrelleborgVibracoustic, which is of major strategic significance.”
- Net sales during the fourth quarter 2012 declined by 3 percent to SEK 4,966 M (5,104). Organic sales were unchanged. The corresponding figure for the full year 2012 was SEK 21,262 M (21,043), up 1 percent.
- Operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability and the participation in the associated company TrelleborgVibracoustic, increased by 19 percent to SEK 446 M (376), resulting in an operating margin of 9.0 percent (7.4). The corresponding figure for full-year was SEK 2,342 M (2,231) with an operating margin of 11.0 percent (10.6).
- Operating cash flow for the quarter rose sharply to SEK 1,101 M (620).
Operating cash flow was SEK 2,248 M (1,539) for full-year.
- The associated company TrelleborgVibracoustic reported an operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, of SEK 204 M (pro forma SEK 269 M) for the quarter, corresponding to an operating margin of 5.8 percent (pro forma 7.7). Expenses affecting comparability negatively impacted the quarter by SEK 98 M.
- Trelleborg’s participation in the associated company TrelleborgVibracoustic amounted to SEK 37 M before tax for the quarter.
This participation was charged with SEK 49 M in expenses affecting comparability. Trelleborg’s participation in the associated company TrelleborgVibracoustic amounted to SEK 109 M before tax for the full-year.
Group in total:
- Net sales for the Group amounted to SEK 4,966 M (7,106) for the quarter and SEK 25,237 M (29,150) for the full year. Operating profit declined for the quarter to SEK 365 M (459) and increased for the full year to SEK 2,815 M (2,689).
- Earnings per share for the quarter amounted to SEK 0.95 (0.95) and for full-year to SEK 7.55 (6.70), corresponding to an increase of approximately 13 percent.
“Full-year 2012 was a good 12 months for Trelleborg. In a turbulent economic climate, we improved our geographic balance and portfolio of operations and strengthened our positions. During the year, we formed the joint venture TrelleborgVibracoustic, which is of major strategic significance.
It is a demonstration of our strength that we are able to report satisfactory sales, operating profit and operating margin, despite the period that were underpinned by the considerable unrest prevailing in the global economy in the fourth quarter. In addition, cash flow developed positively as a result of efficient management of working capital.
We are seeing signs that the market trend is beginning to stabilize, albeit uncertainty remains. We are carefully monitoring economic developments and have a solid financial base and continued high readiness to manage a volatile market,” says President and CEO Peter Nilsson.
Invitation to presentation and telephone conference on February 13 at 10:30 a.m.
A presentation and telephone conference will be held on February 13 at 10:30 a.m. The presentation will be held at Operaterrassen in Stockholm. To participate in the telephone conference, call +46 (0)8 505 564 76 or +44 203 364 5373 or +1877 679 29 93. Code: “Trelleborg”. The conference will also be broadcast on the Internet in real time. Visit our website at: www.trelleborg.com/en/Investors/Presentations for the Internet link and presentation materials.
This is information of the type that Trelleborg AB (publ) is obligated to disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was issued for publication on Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at 7:45 a.m.
Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions that seal, damp and protect critical applications in demanding environments. Its innovative engineered solutions accelerate performance for customers in a sustainable way. The Trelleborg Group has annual sales of about SEK 21 billion in over 40 countries. The Group comprises five business areas: Trelleborg Coated Systems, Trelleborg Industrial Solutions, Trelleborg Offshore & Construction, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions and Trelleborg Wheel Systems. In addition, Trelleborg owns 50 percent of TrelleborgVibracoustic, a global leader within antivibration solutions for light and heavy vehicles, with annual sales of approximately SEK 14 billion in about 20 countries. The Trelleborg share has been listed on the Stock Exchange since 1964 and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm, Large Cap.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com