DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pb8sff/the_wireless_m2m) has announced the addition of the "The Wireless M2M Bible - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals and Forecasts: 2013 - 2018" report to their offering.
Despite its low ARPU, the wireless M2M market has become a key focus of many mobile network operators as their traditional voice and data markets become saturated. Likewise, government and regulatory initiatives such as the EU initiatives to have a smart meter penetration level of 80% by 2020 and the mandatory inclusion of automotive safety systems such as eCall in all new car models, have also helped to drive overall wireless M2M connections and revenue.
Consequently we expect the wireless M2M market to account for nearly $136 billion in revenues by the end of 2018, following a CAGR of 23% during the five year period between 2013 and 2018. Eyeing this lucrative opportunity, vendors and service providers across the highly fragmented M2M value chain have become increasing innovative in their strategies and technology offerings which have given rise to a number of submarkets such as M2M Network Security, Connected Device Platforms (CDP) and M2M Application Platforms.
This report presents an in-depth assessment of the global wireless M2M market. In addition to covering the business case, the challenges, the industry's roadmap, value chain analysis, deployment case studies, and the vertical market ecosystem, vendor service/product strategies and strategic recommendations, the report also presents comprehensive forecasts for the wireless M2M market from 2013 till 2018, including an individual assessment of the following submarkets: Network Connectivity, Application Services, Embedded Cellular M2M Modules, Network Security, Connected Device Platforms (CDP), Application Platforms (Application Enablement Platforms, AEP and Application Development Platforms, ADP), Integration Services and Enabling Technologies, across six regions.
Some Key Findings of the report
- The wireless M2M market will account for nearly $136 billion in annual revenues by the end of 2018, following a CAGR of 23% during the five year period between 2013 and 2018
- At present, the M2M value chain is highly fragmented with module OEMs, hardware solution providers, application platform providers, device platform providers, and mobile network operators and aggregators/MVNOs all investing across multiple segments of the value chain, whilst still maintaining a key focus on a specific portion
- Signals and Systems Telecom expects the value chain to consolidate in the future, with a smaller number of larger and profitable competitors across the M2M value chain
- The growing presence of wireless M2M solutions within the sensitive critical infrastructure industry is having a profound impact on M2M network security services, a market estimated to reach nearly $1 billion in annual spending by the end of 2018
- Driven by demands for device management, cloud based data analytics and diagnostic tools, M2M software platforms (including CDP, AEP and ADP) are expected to account for $6 billion in annual spending by the end of 2018
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: An Overview of the M2M Market
Chapter 3: Vertical Markets - M2M Opportunities, Use Cases, Applications and Case Studies
Chapter 4: Wireless M2M Industry Roadmap, Value Chain and Key Trends
Chapter 5: Embedded Wireless M2M Module Vendors
Chapter 6: M2M Hardware Solution Providers
Chapter 7: M2M MVNOs
Chapter 8: Cloud-based M2M AEP and ADP Platform Providers
Chapter 9: M2M Connected Device Platform (CDP) Providers
Chapter 10: Wireless/IT Industry Incumbents in the M2M Market
Chapter 11: M2M Network Operators
Chapter 12: Market Analysis and Forecasts
Chapter 13: Conclusion and Strategic Recommendations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pb8sff/the_wireless_m2m