WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Federal agencies that need secure voice and data communications on a wireless network now have a powerful new weapon in their arsenal: the AME 2000 Secure Mobile Solution from Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. It is based on Motorola’s Assured Mobile Environment (AME) solution, which combines a commercial-off-the shelf (COTS) device with hardware and software to provide end-to-end encrypted voice and data communications through private or public wireless networks to support the missions of federal agencies. The AME 2000 features a smartphone with an Android™-based operating system.
- Using a COTS smartphone with an Android-based operating system, the AME 2000 provides a familiar, user-friendly experience.
- End-to-end AES 256/NSA Suite B encrypted voice services and messaging are capable between AME-equipped devices.
- A Suite B IPSec Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides secure data-in-transit between a mobile device and a customer enterprise through private and public broadband networks, including GSM, 3G, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi.
- The AME 2000 supports the use of customer-installed applications, such as graphic information system mapping and video and remote medical monitoring. It also includes a browser and applications for email, text messaging and contacts.
- The AME 2000 implements government-sponsored security recommendations from Security Enhanced Android (SEAndroid) to provide enhanced security policy controls through assured pipelines so processes cannot be bypassed or hijacked by flawed or malicious applications.
- The Motorola CRYPTR micro, a hardware security module in a microSD™ form factor that meets FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and Suite B standards, provides the AME 2000 with tamper protection for keys, tokens and certificates, and performs high-assurance cryptographic operations.
- Integrated mobile device management allows over-the-air (OTA) installation and updating of applications as well as device integrity verification. For additional protection, encryption keys can be erased remotely on devices that are lost or compromised.
- Android-based software powers hundreds of millions of mobile devices in more than 190 countries around the world. It is the largest installed base of any mobile operating system.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Global ASTRO® Products and Solutions, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
“It’s critical that commercial devices used by the federal government are augmented with solutions to ensure security and confidentiality. The AME 2000 addresses the different vulnerabilities of commercial technology by enabling users to communicate and access sensitive data securely from wherever their duties take them.”
Paul Mueller, vice president, U.S. Federal Government Markets Division, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
“Secure mobility is among the U.S. government’s top technology priorities. The AME 2000 features a familiar Android-based OS experience with layered security, device management and applications that comply with federal guidelines. It’s an affordable mobile solution for civilian and defense agencies to better execute their missions that serve and protect our nation.”
Website: Assured Mobile Environment
Website: AME 2000 Secure Mobile Solution
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. microSD is a trademark of SD-3C, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.