DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hillwood Investment Properties, a Perot company, in a partnership with Brookfield Asset Management and the Hillwood-Brookfield Industrial Partners fund, announces the acquisition of eight Class A industrial properties totaling 2.6 million square feet located in five major U.S. industrial markets.
The transactions increased the portfolio’s size to 9.7 million square feet located in eight industrial markets - Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Chicago, IL; Memphis, TN; Indianapolis, IN; Inland Empire, CA; Orlando, FL; and Philadelphia/South New Jersey.
“We continue to increase our industrial portfolio with selective acquisitions in our targeted industrial markets,” said Tom Fishman, Hillwood’s Executive Vice President of Acquisitions. “We closed out 2012 with incredible success and will continue seeking strategic investment opportunities in 2013.”
December acquisitions included:
- Chicago: three buildings totaling 750,000 square feet located in the Fox Valley, O’Hare, and I-55 submarkets. This includes a joint venture with Bridge Development Partners.
- Indianapolis: one building totaling 668,000 square feet in the Far South Counties submarket
- Memphis: one building totaling 556,000 square feet located in the Desoto County submarket
- Atlanta: one building totaling 403,000 square feet located in the Airport/South submarket
- Orlando: two buildings totaling 256,000 located in the Southwest Orange submarket
Hillwood, a Perot company, is ranked as one of the top commercial real estate investors and developers in the country and the top residential developer in Dallas-Fort Worth. Hillwood is best known for its Alliance brand that includes the 17,000-acre AllianceTexas, 4,474-acre AllianceFlorida at Cecil Commerce Center, and 2,000-acre AllianceCalifornia. For additional information, please visit www.hillwoodinvestmentproperties.com.
About Brookfield Asset Management
Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager focused on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity, with over US $150 billion of assets under management, which includes approximately US $88 billion of property assets under management in North and South America, Europe and Australia. In addition, the company provides clients with an extensive array of real estate advisory, property and investment services. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam under the symbol BAM, BAM.A and BAMA, respectively. For additional information on the company, please visit http://www.brookfield.com.