DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gdndtx/fluzone_seasonal) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Fluzone (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis" to their offering.
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Fluzone (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis. Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough.
The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of the market.
However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines. GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
Fluzone is the flagship product brand name for all of Sanofi's influenza vaccines sold in the US. The portfolio contains a mix of products targeted at specific patient populations, such as Fluzone High-Dose for patients over the age of 65, or with novel routes of administration, such as Fluzone ID (Intradermal), which are both discussed in following sections. This segment focuses on the trivalent vaccine designed to immunize patients against seasonal influenza using inactivated viruses. Fluzone is the leading influenza vaccine in the US, where it is manufactured and marketed by Sanofi.
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Fluzone including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Fluzone from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Fluzone performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Fluzone from 2012 to 2022 in the US.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gdndtx/fluzone_seasonal