MINNEAPOLIS--(Allianz Life®) contributed $275,000 in 2012 to Twin Cities metro area charitable organizations focused on senior services. Organizations received grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to support programs that address a variety of issues including home food delivery, transportation, exercise and wellness. In addition to these grants, Allianz Life also raised more than $159,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association of MN-ND earlier this year through its annual Driving to Donate charity golf event.)--Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (
“Allianz Life is proud to support the vital work of these organizations as they strive to improve the quality of life for seniors in our community”
“Allianz Life is proud to support the vital work of these organizations as they strive to improve the quality of life for seniors in our community,” said Gretchen Cepek, senior vice president and general counsel for Allianz Life, who also serves as a board member for the Alzheimer’s Association of MN-ND and is a member of the Allianz Life Community Relations Governance Committee.
The 2012 grant recipients include:
- Store To Door – supporting their grocery-delivery program.
- Better Business Bureau Foundation – supporting their Senior Outreach program.
- Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly – supporting their outreach programs.
- Senior Community Services – supporting their Frail Elderly Support Services.
- PRISM – supporting their PRISM Express Transportation program.
- Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches – supporting their Paint-A-Thon and HandyWorks programs.
- Canvas Health – supporting their Service Coordination and Transportation for seniors program.
- The Amherst H. Wilder Foundation – supporting their Community Services for Aging program.
- Catholic Charities – supporting their Aging Services program.
- DARTS – supporting their Community Services for Older Adults and Caregivers program.
- Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People (VEAP) – supporting their Food and Transportation program for seniors.
- Keystone Community Services – supporting their Senior Services program.
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts – supporting their Discover Your Story program.
- CommonBond Communities – supporting their Senior Advantage Center program.
- Friends of the Hennepin County Library – supporting their Deposit Collections and At-Home Services for seniors and people with disabilities program.
- The Arthritis Foundation – supporting their Better Living for Seniors program.
- Courage Center – supporting their Wellness, Fitness, Aquatics and Nutrition program.
- Volunteers of America – supporting their Southwest Senior Center.
- Sabathani Community Services – supporting their Sabathani Senior Center.
- Mixed Blood Theatre – supporting their senior theatre and transportation program.
Organizations were chosen by the Allianz Life Community Relations Governance Committee, which directs the grants program and oversees Community Relations policies to ensure charitable practices and procedures are in line with Allianz Life's core values. In addition to senior services, Allianz Life also supports organizations that focus on improving financial literacy throughout the Twin Cities community.
About Allianz Life Insurance Company of North
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2012, has been keeping its promises since 1896. Today, it carries on that tradition, helping Americans achieve their retirement income and protection goals with a variety of annuities and life insurance products. As a leading provider of fixed index annuities, Allianz Life is part of Allianz SE, a global leader in the financial services industry with 142,000 employees worldwide. More than 78 million private and corporate customers rely on Allianz knowledge, global reach, and capital strength to help them make the most of financial opportunities.