MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--()--Style and social commerce platform Polyvore today announced the newest member of its senior management team, Chief Revenue Officer Arnie Gullov-Singh. Mr. Gullov-Singh is tasked with monetizing Polyvore’s fast growing user base and scaling the company’s already profitable advertising and affiliate businesses.
“His background scaling both brand advertising and direct response advertising platforms is perfect for Polyvore. Polyvore is unique in that it drives both brand awareness and retail sales through integrated advertising formats that delight our users.”
Mr. Gullov-Singh joins Polyvore with 13 years experience building new advertising platforms and businesses. He previously served as CEO of Adly, a company he grew to be the leading influencer marketing platform on Twitter. He was also the Executive Vice President of Product, Technology & Operations at Fox Audience Network, a group he co-founded and helped grow into a top 5 advertising network. Before Fox he held revenue product management roles at Yahoo, Ticketmaster and startups in Los Angeles, London and Berlin. His work was recognized by iMedia in 2009 when he was named one of the top 25 innovators in internet marketing.
“We’re thrilled to have Arnie onboard,” said CEO Jess Lee, “His background scaling both brand advertising and direct response advertising platforms is perfect for Polyvore. Polyvore is unique in that it drives both brand awareness and retail sales through integrated advertising formats that delight our users.”
Polyvore lets users create collages of products they love that link back to where people can shop. Brands and retailers such as H&M, Net-a-Porter, American Eagle and Mercedes Benz have partnered with Polyvore to drive user engagement, raise brand awareness and drive highly commercial traffic to their websites.
Polyvore also revealed new numbers about the company in an infographic, sharing for the first time its internal statistics on social sharing, demographics and revenue.
The Polyvore Community Influences Style Trends Across the Web
- 2.4 million Polyvore collages or “sets” created per month
- Sets are viewed 1 billion times a month
- 42% of those views occur on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Pinterest
- Sets shared to Pinterest reach 18x as many people and drive 2x as many clicks as sets shared to Facebook
Polyvore Drives Sales and High Order Sizes
- The average order size placed by Polyvore users is $220
- On Black Friday, Polyvore’s average order size was 50% higher than the average apparel order size
- The top sites Polyvore drives sales to are:
Polyvore’s Fast Growing User Base is Affluent and Female
- Polyvore has over 20 million unique visitors per month, up from 13 million at the beginning of this year
- 72% women
- 46% 18-34 years old, 26% 35-54 years old
Polyvore especially attracts affluent shoppers:
- $77K average household income
- 33% of users have a household income over $100K
Polyvore Finishes Its Most Successful Year Yet
- Polyvore is profitable and cash flow positive
- 2.3x revenue growth in 2012 vs 2011
Polyvore is the leading community site for online style where users are empowered to discover their style and set trends around the world. With over 20 million monthly unique visitors, Polyvore's global community has created over 66 million sets that are shared across the web. The company collaborates with prominent brands such as Calvin Klein, Diane Von Furstenberg, Lancôme, Net-a-Porter, Gap and Coach to drive product engagement; and its user-generated fashion campaigns have been judged by Lady Gaga, Kate Moss and Katy Perry. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Polyvore is funded by Benchmark Capital, Matrix Partners, DAG Ventures, Goldman Sachs, and Vivi Nevo (NV Investments). For more information, please visit www.Polyvore.com