NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--borro, the fastest growing personal asset lender worldwide, will serve as title sponsor of the inaugural Chinatown Jewelry Week, it was announced today. Chinatown Jewelry Week, which spans the first two weeks of February, is a celebration of one of the oldest and largest jewelry districts in the U.S.
“We are proud to sponsor the inaugural Chinatown Jewelry Week and to support the Chinatown business community,” said Paul Aitken, CEO and Founder of borro. “We look forward to expanding our strategic community marketing initiatives and the potential of reaching tens of thousands of jewelry shoppers who will visit the neighborhood to celebrate the Lunar New Year holiday in the period leading up to Valentine’s Day,” Aitken added.
As the Official 2013 Sponsor of the NYC Chinatown Jewelry Week, borro will benefit from prominent exposure on the Chinatown Jewelry Week Website, press releases, marketing efforts both within and outside the Chinatown community, social media push, and other activities designed to promote the Jewelry District of Chinatown to new visitors over a fourteen-day shopping period.
“Our title sponsor borro is a terrific partner and supporter of Chinatown Jewelry Week,” said Julie Huang, President of Kaimen Company, and producer of Chinatown Jewelry Week. “borro’s support of small businesses, jewelry districts, and Chinatown make them a perfect fit for Chinatown Jewelry Week. With the 2013 Lunar New Year taking place on February 10, Chinatown Jewelry Week promises to be one of the most exciting events in Chinatown.”
The official press briefing to announce participants of Chinatown Jewelry Week will be held on Thursday, January 24th, 2013 in Chinatown.
For more information about borro’s involvement in the Chinatown Jewelry Week, please visit www.borro.com.
- borro provides loans of $1,000 – $1,000,000 secured against personal assets including jewelry, luxury watches, gold, fine art, antiques, luxury cars, fine wine and other high value assets.
- borro’s valuation experts have over 100 years combined experience from the leading auction houses, including Sotheby’s, Christie’s, and Bonhams.
- All assets are stored in secure and insured specialist vaults/premises. Fine art and antiques are stored at fine art storage specialists and luxury cars are stored in a dehumidified and climate controlled premises.
- borro offers appointments at their valuation center, home visits, and various premium collection options including same day couriers. All these services are fully insured and provided for by borro.
- All assets are fully insured whilst in storage with borro for the duration of the loan.
- Founded by Paul Aitken in 2008, borro’s investors include Canaan Partners, Ribbit Capital, Augmentum Capital, European Founders Fund, Eden Ventures and Octopus Investments. These companies have invested in Match.com, Lending Club, LinkedIn, We7, Betfair, Egg, Sportingbet, Facebook, and more.
- borro is a registered trademark of Borro Limited.
- borro is licensed by the City of New York under the Collateral Loan Brokers Law, Article 5 of the New York General Business Law, license number 1412743.