BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In its newly released December MobileSTAT, Jumptap, Inc., the leader in targeted mobile advertising, reports that mobile gaming traffic continues to surge across its network and individual verticals. With the advent of bigger, faster and more affordable smart devices, mobile gaming has become the most popular activity for smartphone and tablet users. This popularity is reflected in the growth of Jumptap’s Gaming Channel, a premium collection of addictive apps including Words with Friends and Angry Birds.
“Mobile gamers are not just teenagers, but busy professionals, moms and dads, and grandparents,” said Matt Duffy, VP of Marketing, Jumptap. “As gaming traffic grows on our network, advertisers gain scalable ways to reach specific audience segments of any age or demographic.”
Additional December MobileSTAT Findings:
- Washington D.C. is the Capital of Mobile Gaming: While mobile gaming traffic is high across the nation, Jumptap data reveals that Washington D.C. has the greatest concentration of gamers, with a weekly average of 29 mobile gaming requests per resident, nearly 5X that of any other U.S. location examined. Other leading gaming spots include New Jersey (2nd), New Hampshire (3rd) and Massachusetts (4th).
- Pharma, Game Companies See Highest Gaming CTR: The top performing verticals by click-through rate on the Jumptap Gaming Channel are the pharmaceutical, retail and game sectors. Pharma’s place atop this list suggests that mobile gamers have more of a need for information on medications than the average consumer.
- Angry Birds Soar Over Black Friday Weekend: For the second year in a row, data from the Jumptap network show significant volume of Angry Birds game play over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend near Walmart stores across the U.S. At 11:00 p.m. on the night before Thanksgiving, Angry Birds traffic near Walmarts spiked 2x over the average, and at 5:00 a.m. on Black Friday, traffic skyrocketed to 3x over the average. Once again, it appears that playing while shopping – or waiting in line – was a welcome distraction during this busy time of year.
- Apple Devices are a Gamers’ Playground: Jumptap’s ranking of mobile devices by volume of game traffic show Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod to be the top devices for game play. Also represented on the list are Samsung’s Galaxy devices and the Kindle Fire. Overall, almost all mobile gaming is done on either Apple or Android devices.
- The Evening is for Gamers: Data mined from the Jumptap network reveal that mobile gamers engage most heavily in the afternoon and evening hours, representing roughly 68 percent of gaming traffic. Advertisers looking to maximize time of day can reach the heaviest volume of gamers by day-parting in the evening.
MobileSTAT (Simple Targeting & Audience Trends) is a monthly glance into targeting and audience trends in mobile advertising through Jumptap’s network of over 30 billion impressions, 134 million U.S. users and 35,000 apps and websites. MobileSTAT contains analysis of dozens of terabytes of log data, powered by the scalable, efﬁcient Jumptap technology. To download the full Jumptap MobileSTAT, click here.
The Jumptap MobileSTAT reports mine large quantities of network data to identify targeting and audience trends. Jumptap uses proprietary algorithms to analyze and normalize this data. In some cases, when sufﬁcient conditions are met, subsets of data may have been used as proxies to represent the overall network. Jumptap also sources data from third-party firms.
Jumptap, Inc. is the leader in targeted mobile advertising. Reaching 134 million mobile users in the U.S. and 206 million mobile users worldwide, Jumptap uses its extensive technology portfolio, as well as industry-first partnerships with third- party data providers, to understand mobile audiences better than any other ad network and provide intelligent targeting with scale. Through its large network of premium publishers and apps, and constant campaign optimization, Jumptap delivers the best ROI for advertisers and highest yield for publishers and developers. Jumptap has pioneered mobile advertising privacy standards and is committed to unlocking mobile opportunities for all parties through its ongoing industry research, such as its Understanding Mobile Audience series and monthly MobileSTAT report. Visit http://www.jumptap.com and http://www.jumptap.com/blog for more information; join our Facebook community, follow us on Twitter at @Jumptap and check out our latest ads at the Jumptap Ad Gallery http://www.jumptap.com/gallery.