MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bitcasa, the only provider of infinite storage across all devices, announced today the release of its Android and Windows 8/RT apps. The new mobile apps allow instant streaming of music, photos, videos, and documents from the Bitcasa Infinite Drive™. The Android and Windows 8/RT apps are available today for new and existing Bitcasa users on Google Play, Windows Store, and at www.bitcasa.com/download. Mac and iOS apps will be available in January.
With Bitcasa, users can easily backup and consolidate all of their files and media into one Infinite Drive. The Bitcasa Infinite Drive acts like an external drive that users are already familiar with, except that it never runs out of space and is accessible from anywhere and any device. With the new Infinite Drive and mobile apps, Bitcasa users get immediate benefits:
- Instant Streaming, Access Anywhere: With Bitcasa, users can play whole music albums, watch videos in various formats, view and share photo albums, and read documents from anywhere. Instant streaming from the Bitcasa Infinite Drive allows users to stream their personal jukebox of music, videos, and photos to mobile and desktop devices without having to sync or store files locally on each of your devices.
- Infinite Storage: The Infinite Drive acts as a virtual external drive that expands with the user’s growing storage needs without ever worrying about running out of space again.
- Safe Backup: Continuous and automatic backup gives peace of mind. Users can mirror their content from all their computers to Bitcasa, and access it anywhere. All files and backups are protected with client-side encryption, which means that only users can see and access their data. Users can easily retrieve files with time-capsule versioning by date.
- Share Content: With one click, users can share any file or folder with their friends and family – Bitcasa or non-Bitcasa users – regardless of file size. For sharing on mobile devices, users can also set up alerts to protect against large downloads that might affect their mobile bandwidth charges.
- Get Organized: Bitcasa automatically categorizes users’ data into Music, Photos, Videos, and Documents. Users no longer have to worry about managing and organizing their files – the same way they do not have to worry about storage capacity limits.
“With our mobile app releases, we are now making all of your data easily available from mobile and PC/Mac clients while taking the security of that data very seriously,” said Tony Gauda, co-founder and CEO of Bitcasa. “By announcing our cross-platform support today, we are offering our global users secure access on all computers, mobile devices, or Web browsers by streaming from the cloud while allowing them to keep the data they access more often localized on their hard drive. With an Infinite Drive, mobile users can automatically store and access their photos from any device. It also means that they can send large videos and albums to friends and family, as well as watch videos in multiple formats. It’s an infinite, organized drive in the cloud. Users don’t have to manage it and it’s much safer than their desktop or laptop.”
Starting in February, Bitcasa will provide unlimited storage for just $10/month.
Founded by former Mastercard and Mozy employees and backed by top-tier investors, including Horizons Ventures, Pelion Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz, Bitcasa is redefining how consumers and SMBs are storing and accessing their data. Bitcasa offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices; supported clients are Android, iOS, Windows, Windows RT, Mac OSX, and the web portal. Users never have to worry about disk space again; they can save, access, and share an unlimited number of documents, pictures, music, and movies from any device. Everything is encrypted locally and backed up in the cloud, so user data is always safe and secure. Download at www.bitcasa.com, and follow us at www.twitter.com/bitcasa and www.facebook.com/bitcasa.