CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ED&F Man Capital Markets, the global financial brokerage business, is pleased to announce that it has been approved as a full member of ICE Futures Europe and ICE Clear Europe. ICE Futures Europe is IntercontinentalExchange’s (“ICE”) London-based, regulated futures exchange for the global energy markets. All ICE energy products are cleared at ICE Clear Europe, ICE’s London based clearing house, which was established in 2008 and clears an average 2.6 million energy contracts every day.
ED&F Man Capital Markets’ membership will enable the firm to offer trading and clearing for ICE’s range of global energy derivatives contracts. ICE Futures Europe is the largest regulated energy futures exchange in Europe and hosts more than 50% of the world’s crude and refined oil futures trading.
Following this approval, ED&F Man Capital Markets now offers clearing services to clients on more than 60 global futures exchanges. Additionally the Firm provides access to clearing and execution services in a range of OTC products including energy, fixed income, foreign exchange, equities and commodities.
ED&F Man Capital Markets is a division of privately owned ED&F Man, which was founded 230 years ago and today operates in around 60 countries.
Commenting, Chris Smith, Global CEO of ED&F Man Capital Markets, said:
“In line with our policy of providing the highest levels of customer service we are pleased to be able offer our clients clearing and direct market access to Europe’s largest futures energy exchange. We believe that there is substantial demand for energy hedging services through an independent broker.”
- ends -
Notes to Editors:
About ED&F Man Capital Markets
- ED&F Man Capital Markets is a global, financial brokerage business committed to providing the highest levels of customer service, delivered by an experienced and talented team, and underpinned by the best technology and systems available.
- ED&F Man Capital Markets has a strong entrepreneurial ethos and is focused on brokerage-based business providing global execution and/or clearing for futures, options, foreign exchange, CFDs, fixed income and equities.
- ED&F Man Capital Markets holds Ring Dealing memberships on the LME, and futures memberships with NYSE Euronext (LIFFE), the Baltic Exchange, Comex, Nymex, CBOT, CME, Eurex, and NOS.
- ED&F Man Capital Markets benefits from exceptional levels of capitalization and a management focus on disciplined financial and risk management control, and robust and effective corporate governance.
- ED&F Man Capital Markets has offices in London, New York and Chicago. It is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and all client money, as defined by the FSA, is held in segregated client accounts.