INSJÖN, Sweden--()--Regulatory News:
“We have had a good start to this year’s Christmas shopping period, not least through our e-shopping and sales of snow blowers and low-energy lighting”
Clas Ohlson (STO:CLASB):
* Sales totalled SEK 1,614 M (1,553), up 4%. In local currencies, growth was 6%
* Operating profit amounted to SEK 102 M (124), down 17%
* Profit after tax was SEK 72 M (88), down 18%
* Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.14 (1.38), down 17%
* Sales totalled SEK 3,076 M (2,940), up 5%. In local currencies, growth was 6%
* Operating profit amounted to SEK 203 M (243), down 17%
* Profit after tax was SEK 145 M (173), down 16%
* Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.29 (2.71), down 15%
* Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 176 M (512)
Events after the end of the reporting period
* Sales in November amounted to SEK 662 M (636), up 4%.
In local currencies, growth was 5%
* On 3 December 2012, Clas Ohlson was included in the Nasdaq OMX Sustainability Index
CEO Klas Balkow comments:
“Clas Ohlson continues to strengthen its position and capture market share in a turbulent market. The weak market trend during the quarter impacted sales and earnings compared with the year-earlier period.
With a strong financial position, we continue to invest for growth and expansion. During the quarter, for example, we opened five new stores and launched a mobile-adapted version of our e-shopping offering in all markets, an important part of our efforts to add new supplementary and interacting sales channels.
“We have had a good start to this year’s Christmas shopping period, not least through our e-shopping and sales of snow blowers and low-energy lighting,” says Klas Balkow, President and CEO.
Analyst and media conference
Clas Ohlson AB is a Swedish chain store that sells, amongst other things, hardware, electrical, multimedia, and home and leisure products. It is the largest hardware chain in Scandinavia. The company was founded in 1918 by the technically-minded Clas Ohlson (1895–1979), as a mail order business based in the Swedish village of Insjön, Dalarna. Initially, only manuals and technical literature were sold. He opened his first shop in Insjön in 1926 and there are now stores throughout Sweden, as well as in Norway and Finland. In 2008, the company opened its first store in the United Kingdom, in Croydon, south London. There are now stores at the Arndale Centre in Manchester, at The Harlequin in Watford, in Kingston upon Thames, Reading, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff, Doncaster, Norwich and Newcastle.
The information in this press release comprises information that Clas Ohlson AB (publ) is required to disclose pursuant to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was released for publication at 08:00 (CET) on Wednesday December 12 2012.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com