BOXBOROUGH, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Egenera, a pioneer in physical, virtual and cloud management and automation, today announced the acquisition of Fort Technologies, a cloud lifecycle software provider based in Dublin, Ireland. The acquisition enables Egenera to bring Fort’s innovative management capabilities to its PAN Cloud Director software providing customers a means to design and deliver enterprise-class cloud services. The deal also expands Egenera’s sales footprint, partner network and customer base in EMEA. The Fort Technologies personnel have been fully integrated into Egenera’s Cloud Products Group and Fort’s CEO, Gerry Murray, will head Egenera’s EMEA operations.
“The acquisition allows us to help our customers move to the cloud faster and create more enterprise-class, resilient and secure clouds,” said Pete Manca, CEO of Egenera. “Fort Technologies’ distinctive approach to cloud management turns the design, deployment and management of IT services into a simple drag and drop exercise. This enables service providers and enterprises alike to grow and succeed in the cloud.”
Unlike other cloud management products, Egenera’s PAN Cloud Director software allows organizations to turn any infrastructure – not just virtualized servers – into reliable, scalable and elastic cloud resources. Advantages of the platform include:
- Choice – Create clouds that consist of bare metal physical or virtual servers or a mix of the two environments.
- Ease of Use – Through the service catalog and drag and drop palette, the product makes designing cloud a simple, fast and intuitive exercise.
- Openness – With the Egenera solution, organizations can use any server, storage, switch, application, hypervisor, and operating systems that they need – at the same time, and all without any vendor lock-in.
- Resiliency – The software allows users to dial in their required service levels, guaranteeing cloud services automatically meet the security, performance and availability requirements.
- Flexibility – The software enables organizations to build new and highly differentiated cloud services such as Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) and Metal as a Service (MaaS) clouds.
- Control – With integrated pricing and reporting capabilities, PAN Cloud Director provides real time billing and monitoring for cloud chargeback or showback.
- Efficiency – Provides service providers a means to commercialize and resellers the ability to quickly deliver highly customized cloud services to their customers.
“Egenera and Fort share a common vision for providing frictionless and reliable IT services in the era of cloud,” said Gerry Murray, CEO of Fort Technologies. “I am excited about Fort joining forces with Egenera and expect our joint customer bases will each benefit as we invest to bring greater choice, flexibility, simplicity and reliability to cloud computing.”
The solution is designed for both private and public cloud deployments. The software benefits users by reducing IT complexity and making it simple to design, consume, track, manage and protect services running in a cloud environment.
“With the ever-increasing complexity of applications entering our private customer cloud, the management of the underlying infrastructure and services is extremely important. Ease of use and automation will increasingly become a critical factor for our success,” said John Fitzgerald, managing director of Interactive Network Communications GmbH. “For us as a service provider, Egenera PAN Manager and PAN Cloud Director are products with the potential to significantly reduce our operating costs and dramatically shorten the time-to-market for our services.”
- Blog: Our Journey to Cloud Management and Orchestration
- Blog: Enterprise Cloud: As Easy as One Two Three
Converge. Unify. Simplify. That’s how Egenera brings confidence to the cloud. The company’s industry leading cloud and data center infrastructure management software, Egenera PAN Cloud Director® and PAN Manager®, provide a simple yet powerful way to quickly design, deploy and manage IT services while guaranteeing those cloud services automatically meet the security, performance and availability levels required by the business. Headquartered in Boxborough, Mass., Egenera has thousands of production installations globally, including premier enterprise data centers, service providers and government agencies. For more information on the company, please visit egenera.com. Follow Egenera on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.