BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Financial Capability Development Competition (FinCapDev, http://fincapdev.com) has announced new partner organizations that will provide exclusive technical and networking resources to competition Finalists. Administered by the Center for Financial Services Innovation and the D2D Fund, FinCapDev is a $100,000 challenge facilitating the development of innovative, market-ready mobile apps that will increase consumer access to high quality, fairly-priced financial products and services.
New partners and their contributions to FinCapDev include:
- Braintree - Braintree, a company that helps online and mobile businesses around the world accept credit card payments by providing a merchant account, payment gateway, recurring billing and credit card storage, is offering two Finalists access to its payment gateway by waiving fees, essentially giving finalists their first $10,000 dollars in processing for free, along with covering all related interchange costs.
- EachScape - Eachscape, the only platform that lets you build and manage high quality custom apps across iOS, Android and HTML5, for phones and tablets, using drag & drop, will provide selected Finalists access to their drag and drop platform to build their mobile apps. They will also couple access to its platform with mentorship from experts at Eachscape.
- Women Innovate Mobile - Startup accelerator with a mission to provide women founded mobile ventures with the guidance, feedback and connections needed to make their startups best in class companies, Women Innovate Mobile will provide promotional support.
Braintree, EachScape and Women Innovate Mobile join FinCapDev partners the Applied Innovation Institute, Citi, Dell Social Innovation Challenge, Facebook, H&R Block, ideas42, MasterCard, and Yodlee; and financial supporters the Ford Foundation, the Citi Foundation, and Omidyar Network.
The FinCapDev proposal submission period opened in early October 2012 and will close December 10, 2012. To submit a proposal go to http://fincapdev.com/apply. Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges, including technical feasibility experts to develop fully functional, market-ready mobile apps starting in January 2013.
Finalist will receive:
- Up to $10,000 in startup cash
- Licenses to Yodlee’s software development kit
- Access to expert advisors on topics such as product design, behavioral economics and mobile development from organizations including ideas42, H&R Block, MasterCard and more.
- The opportunity to present their fully functional apps to a panel of high-profile, expert judges at an event hosted by the Center for Financial Services Innovation and the D2D Fund in June 2013
- Prizes from a $100,000 prize purse, featuring a $50,000 Grand Prize, to be awarded at the June event
The Financial Capability Development Competition (FinCapDev, http://fincapdev.com) is a nationwide $100,000 challenge to develop new mobile apps to help working Americans make smart financial choices and get better access to financial services. In addition to bringing approximately six high-impact apps to market and available for consumers use, the competition will create an ecosystem of American innovators, technology companies, software developers, financial service firms, investors, and nonprofits to foster innovation in new mobile financial tools.
About the Center for Financial Services Innovation
The Center for Financial Services Innovation is the nation’s leading authority on financial services for underbanked consumers. Since 2004, its programs have focused on informing, connecting, and investing – gathering enhanced intelligence, brokering and supporting productive industry relationships, and fostering best-in-class products and strategies. CFSI works with leaders and innovators in the business, government and nonprofit sectors to transform the financial services landscape. For more on CFSI, go to http://cfsinnovation.com or follow on Twitter at @cfsinnovation.
About the D2D Fund
Doorways to Dreams (D2D) Fund strengthens the financial opportunity and security of low and moderate income consumers by innovating, incubating, and stimulating new financial products and policies. Operating at the intersection of the private, non-profit and public sectors, D2D incubates and promotes practical applications with social impact that might otherwise lack a champion to nurture and bring them to market. D2D was incorporated as a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization in 2000 and is headquartered in Allston neighborhood of Boston, across the street from Harvard University’s recently opened Innovation Lab. For more on D2D, go to www.d2dfund.org
Launched in 2009, EachScape provides an open, powerful drag & drop environment for creating and managing mobile applications without the use of templates. EachScape utilizes component “Blocks” to build and allow full customization of app functionality without any limitations. EachScape currently generates apps for iOS, Android, GoogleTV, and HTML5. Based in New York City, EachScape was founded by experienced mobile experts Ludo Collin and Bob Fitterman. For more information please visit www.EachScape.com.