DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kmg9x9/sleep_disorders) has announced the addition of the "Sleep Disorders: Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, Restless Leg Syndrome, Bruxism, Narcolepsy and Sleepwalking" report to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“Sleep Disorders: Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, Restless Leg Syndrome, Bruxism, Narcolepsy and Sleepwalking”
Insomnia, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, bruxism, narcolepsy and sleepwalking are all serious sleep disorders that possess negative-and sometimes fatal-health consequences. Often undiagnosed and thus not treated, sleep disorders can not only take a toll on personal health but can also adverse effects on personal relationships and reduce worker productivity. In examining the troubling increase in a variety of sleep disorders, this TriMark Publications report will analyze the causes and available treatments for sleep disorder sufferers. This is a particularly interesting time in the evolution of the sleep disorders market because the blockbuster drugs that have dominated this space are coming off patent protection. There has been a strong push on the part of the major pharmaceutical companies to develop or acquire replacement sources of revenue.
In order to put sleep disorders in a proper context, the study begins with an examination of key characteristics of the overall sleep disorders market. The types of disorders, causes of insomnias, parasomnias and their treatments are analyzed, with the additional review of treatments including pharmaceuticals, devices (continuous positive airway pressure or CPAP machines) and others (nutraceuticals, etc.). The report goes on to describe the primary product offerings of the major companies in this market space including major classes of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceuticals. Finally, a review of companies developing treatments for insomnia, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, bruxism, narcolepsy and sleepwalking are examined.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Introduction to Sleep Disorders
3. Drugs Used for Sleep Disorders
4. A Guide to Better Sleep
5. Sleep Laboratories
6. Profiles of Companies and Their Product Offering
- AEIOmed, Inc. and Product Offerings
- Chad Therapeutics, Inc. and Product Offerings
- Compumedics Ltd. and Product Offerings
- Puritan Bennett (Covidien) and Product Offerings
- ResMed Corporation and Product Offerings
- Respironics, Inc. (Philips)
- Pharmaceutical (Prescription and OTC) Companies
- Actelion Ltd.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Cephalon, Inc.
- Eli Lilly
- King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Product Offerings
- Neurogen Corporation
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
- Pfizer and Product Offerings
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America 238
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kmg9x9/sleep_disorders