TOKYO--(Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today that it will exhibit a variety of green products, technologies and initiatives at Eco-Products 2012, one of the largest environmental exhibitions in Japan, which will take place at the Tokyo Big Sight exhibition complex on December 13–15. Displays will focus on reduced-impact products and technologies developed in line with Mitsubishi Electric's goal of becoming a leading global company for low-carbon and recycling societies.)--
The main stage of the Mitsubishi Electric booth (No. 4-003, East Hall 4) will present Environmental Vision 2021, the long-term environmental-management plan of the Mitsubishi Electric Group, and related low-carbon solutions. Exhibits will be implemented with six of the company's own wide-angle, high-resolution LCD multi-display systems.
The booth will display "eco change" technologies and products arranged by zones covering society, buildings and factories, and homes. In the Building and Factory zone, energy-saving specialists will give personalized talks, based on visitors' interests, regarding the deployment of energy-saving products, as well as cases of eliminating waste, upgrading production lines, enhancing power-saving performance and achieving other beneficial green results in the company's own eco-factories.
Visitor attractions will include a quiz-style "eco bingo Go! Go!" game with prizes.
Zones and Main Exhibits
- Electricity generation: Vibration generator; micro hydropower generation; and full-scale smart grid test.
- Transportation: Regenerated power in railcar; integrated intelligent power-drive unit for hybrid electric vehicle; and next generation motor controller for electric power steering.
- Recycling: Recycling rare earth and plastics from appliances; MLCNET metal line IP modem; and ozonizer.
Building and Factory Zone
- Power-saving and remote control: Facima, management system for buildings; SA1-III energy/power-saving remote-control system; e&eco-F@ctory FA energy solution; demand monitoring; and smart meter.
- Air conditioning: Package air conditioners; Lossnay ventilators for industry use; air carrier fan; and G-150AD Web-based central controller.
- Lighting: High ceiling LED lights and LED-grid ceiling lights
- Others: PV system for public/industrial use; and financing for energy saving.
- Mitsubishi Electric case studies: Effects of introducing energy-saving products for waste elimination, production line upgrades, power-saving performance and more.
- Smart house: Gun stand plug-in station; PV-EV bidirectional power conditioner, HEMS controller, lifestyle pattern sensor; and PV system for households.
- Home appliances: Room air conditioner and LED light bulb.
Environmental Mindset Zone
- Mitsubishi Electric Outdoor Classroom; Satoyama Woodland Preservation Project; and natural symbiosis activities at factories and offices.
About Mitsubishi Electric
With over 90 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) is a recognized world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment used in information processing and communications, space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment. Embracing the spirit of its corporate statement, Changes for the Better, and its environmental statement, Eco Changes, Mitsubishi Electric endeavors to be a global, leading green company, enriching society with technology. The company recorded consolidated group sales of 3,639.4 billion yen (US$ 44.4 billion*) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information visit http://www.MitsubishiElectric.com
*At an exchange rate of 82 yen to the US dollar, the rate given by the Tokyo Foreign Exchange Market on March 31, 2012