NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Clear Channel Media and Entertainment will celebrate the holiday season with Jingle Ball 2012, a series of annual holiday concerts throughout the country. Each year Clear Channel stations across the country host Jingle Ball concerts in local cities, featuring performances by top recording artists and emerging new talent. This year Washington, D.C.’s Hot 99.5 and Atlanta’s Power 96.1 are welcoming their first ever Jingle Ball, with the holiday concert series also returning to Detroit; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Philadelphia; Boston; New York; Miami; Tampa; San Francisco; and Seattle.
The 2012 Jingle Ball Concert Schedule Includes:
Detroit, Mich. – Saturday, November 24, at 7 p.m. EST – Channel 955’s Jingle Ball 2012 at Fox Theater
- The star-studded lineup features: Flo Rida, The Wanted, Austin Mahone, Megan & Liz, Sammy Adams, Bridgit Mendler and DJ Beatboy
- Tickets are available via www.channel955.com
Los Angeles – Night No. 1 Saturday, December 1, at 7 p.m. PST – Night No. 2 Monday, December 3, at 7 p.m. PST – KIIS FM's Jingle Ball 2012 Presented by G by Guess at Nokia Theater
- For the first time ever, the legendary KIIS FM Jingle Ball 2012 will take place on two nights with two different lineups each night
- Night No. 1 features: Taylor Swift, Ne-Yo, Ellie Goulding, OneRepublic, Sammy Adams, The Jonas Brothers and a surprise unannounced superstar band
- Night No. 2 features: Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, Flo Rida, The Wanted, Afrojack, Owl City, Zedd, PSY, with a special acoustic appearance by fun.
- Tickets are SOLD-OUT – listen to win on www.kiisfm.com
Minneapolis, Minn. – Tuesday, December 4, at 6 p.m. CST – 101.3 KDWB's Jingle Ball 2012 at Xcel Energy Center
- The star-studded lineup features: OneRepublic, Conor Maynard, Ed Sheeran, Cher Lloyd, Owl City, Ellie Goulding, Train and PSY
- Tickets are available via www.kdwb.com
Philadelphia – Wednesday, December 5, at 6 p.m. EST – Q102’s Jingle Ball 2012 Presented by XFINITY at Wells Fargo Center
- The star-studded lineup features: Justin Bieber, Olly Murs, The Wanted, PSY, Ed Sheeran, Cher Lloyd, OneRepublic, Karmin and Bridgit Mendler
- Tickets are SOLD-OUT – listen to win on www.q102.com
Boston – Thursday, December 6, at 7 p.m. EST – KISS 108's Jingle Ball 2012 at TD Garden
- The star-studded lineup features: Justin Bieber, The Wanted, Karmin, Bridgit Mendler, Cher Lloyd, Ed Sheeran, Alex Clare, Train and Timeflies
- Tickets are SOLD-OUT – listen to win on www.kiss108.com, where special moments from the show will also stream live for listeners
New York – Friday, December 7, at 7:30 p.m. EST – Z100’s Jingle Ball 2012 Presented by Aéropostale at Madison Square Garden
- The star-studded lineup features: Justin Bieber, fun., B.o.B., Olly Murs, Taylor Swift, Jason Mraz, The Wanted, Ed Sheeran, Ne-Yo, Cher Lloyd and One Direction
- Tickets are SOLD-OUT – listen to win on www.z100.com
- Z100 will host the first-ever Z100 Jingle Ball Viewing Party in the Theater at Madison Square Garden – visit www.z100.com for details
Miami – Saturday, December 8, at 6:30 p.m. EST – Y100’s Jingle Ball 2012 at BB&T Center
- Alongside special guest host Justin Bieber, the star-studded lineup features: Enrique Iglesias, Ke$ha, OneRepublic, Neon Trees, PSY, Ed Sheeran, Austin Mahone, Karmin, Cher Lloyd, Zedd, fun., Afrojack, Flo Rida and Megan & Liz
- Tickets are available via www.y100.com
Tampa Bay, Fla. – Sunday, December 9, at 6 p.m. EST – 93.3 FLZ’s Jingle Ball 2012 Presented by Westshore Pizza at Tampa Bay Times Forum
- The star-studded lineup features: Justin Bieber, Ke$ha, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, PSY, Sean Kingston, The Ready Set, Bridgit Mendler, Austin Mahone, Walk the Moon and Zedd with Matthew Koma
- Tickets are available via www.933flz.com
Washington, D.C. – Tuesday, December 11, at 7 p.m. EST – Hot 99.5’s Jingle Ball 2012 Presented by Charleston Alexander Diamond Importers at Patriot Center
- Washington, D.C.’s first ever Jingle Ball star-studded lineup features: Justin Bieber, Enrique Iglesias, Ke$ha, Flo Rida, Ed Sheeran, PSY, Austin Mahone and Cher Lloyd
- Tickets are SOLD-OUT – listen to win on www.hot995.com
Atlanta – Wednesday, December 12, at 7 p.m. EST – Power 96.1’s Jingle Ball 2012 at Philips Arena
- Atlanta’s first ever Jingle Ball star studded lineup features: Justin Bieber, Enrique Iglesias, Ke$ha, Flo Rida, Owl City, Bridgit Mendler and Austin Mahone
- Tickets are available via www.power961.com
San Francisco – Friday, December 14, at 7 p.m. PST – Star 101.3’s Jingle Ball 2012 Presented by Bud Light at The Warfield
- The star studded lineup features: OneRepublic, Adam Lambert and Hedley
- Tickets are available for purchase at www.1013.com
Seattle – Sunday, December 16, at 4 p.m. PST – 106.1 KISS FM’s Jingle Ball 2012 Presented by Xbox 360 at WaMu Theater
- The star studded lineup features: Calvin Harris, Afrojack, Ed Sheeran, 3oh!3, Owl City, Alex Clare and Cher Lloyd
- Tickets are available via www.kissfmseattle.com, where the show will also stream live for listeners
“From its origination at Z100 in New York, Jingle Ball has now spread across the country and become the biggest holiday music event in several of our markets. The shows are synonymous with what is hot in pop music for the year, featuring superstar, chart-topping performers and becoming one of the most sought after tickets,” said Tom Poleman, President of National Programming Platforms, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment. “Jingle Ball is a holiday tradition that we love to share with our stations’ loyal fans nationwide and this year we are thrilled to expand the Jingle Ball brand to the Washington, D.C. and Atlanta markets for their first-ever concerts.”
Every year, Clear Channel radio stations utilize Jingle Ball to make a difference in communities across the country. This year stations are working with an array of nonprofit organizations including The Ryan Seacrest Foundation, Toys for Tots, Texting Awareness Foundation and The Atlanta Community Food Bank to drive awareness, support and contributions. In addition to the locally supported efforts, all shows will team up to support national charity, Alliance for Lupus Research, a 501c3 organization with a mission to find better treatments and ultimately prevent and cure lupus; a debilitating autoimmune disease, by supporting bio-medical research. Beginning Nov. 1, 2012 local listeners have the opportunity to bid on an “Ultimate Jingle Ball Experience,” a charity auction benefitting the Alliance for Lupus Research, that includes unique packages of tickets, meet and greets and other exclusive opportunities specific to each show. Each auction lasts for 10 days with new experiences added weekly through December 4, 2012. To bid on a package please visit http://stores.ebay.com/lupusresearch.
Artists and/or events subject to change or cancellation without notice.
About Clear Channel Media and Entertainment
With 239 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media and Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media and Entertainment serves 150 cities through 850 owned radio stations. The company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM stations, HD digital radio channels, Sirius/XM satellite, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile application on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems from TomTom, Garmin and others.
The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media and Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at clearchannel.com, clearchanneloutdoor.com and ccmediaholdings.com.