DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/92324d/world_auv_market) has announced the addition of the "World AUV Market Report 2012-2016" report to their offering.
The 4th edition of Douglas-Westwood's World AUV Market Forecast expects major market growth over the next five years. The size of the existing fleet of reportedly active vehicles, stands at 560 in 2012 (up from 390 in 2009) and Douglas-Westwood forecast this to rise to 930 by 2016.
Sectors of the AUV market are already rapidly maturing and the value of the technology is receiving widespread acceptance in applications such as deepwater seabed mapping for the oil & gas industry, in ocean research and mine counter-measures surveys. The sector is also evolving, with pre-commercial activity evident in oil & gas life-of-field and pipeline inspections, together with increasing use of low-logistics vehicles and those designed for shallower waters and flexible deployments. In addition there are potentially significant developments in many areas such as civil hydrography programmes and for ultra-long endurance missions in both the ocean research and military sectors.
Awareness is growing with AUVs receiving increased media coverage since their involvement in the post-incident monitoring of the Macondo blow-out in the US Gulf of Mexico and in the search for the flight data recorders from Air France flight 447 off Brazil.
The World AUV Market Forecast 2012-2016 contains:
- Identification and discussion of key underlying drivers and their influence on the global AUV market by sector
- Forecast activity 2012 to 2016, segmented by region & sector
- Segmentation by demand for AUV units
- Segmentation by commercial, military & research sectors
- Review of developments in technology
- Review of commercial landscape
- Complimentary Volume 2: Technology & Applications discussing the technology of underwater vehicles.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV)
3 Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV)
4 Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USV)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/92324d/world_auv_market